Moms and Maids

Wedding gift from sister/MOH

What should I get my sister who is getting married?  I want to get her something I know she wants from her registries, but I want to add a personal touch too.  Ay ideas?  How much do you usually spend?  Thanks!

Re: Wedding gift from sister/MOH

• bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    My favorite approach is to combine something from the registry with something more personal.

I haven't had any siblings marry, but when my bff from college got married, H and I bought the nicer sheet set they registered for, and I made a quilt to match their bedroom decor. We spent about $100, but the time and effort from sewing a full sized quilt bumps it up into the $300-500 range, easily.

My brother, however, went completely off-registry and got us one of our (I know H's) favorite gifts: a new laptop with a blu-ray player. I'd guess it was $500-800, but I don't really know.

My MOH gave me an afghan she and her mother made. It was really sweet.

However much you want to/can afford to spend is up to you. I would go a little nicer for a sister than most friends, though nicer doesn't always mean pricier. A little sentimentality and effort will go a long way.

Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we set a limit of 500 when my little brother got married years ago. For my siblings I did 16 x 20 counted cross stitch photo of them. I used the enengagement photo for one sibling and one requested a wedding pic. They each took approximately 1000 hours, but tgey love them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards