Moms and Maids

Paid for bridesmaid dress ..now bridesmaid is out of the wedding...

I paid for my friend and her daughter's flower girl dress with the promise of her paying me back.saying she was really excited to be in the wedding..she kept saying the check was in the mail and we never got it over the past 3 monthes.  This bridesmaid and I got in an argument the other night, not over money..but anyways her and daughters are out of the wedding now we are out $250..the dress had never been worn and is still at the bridal shop.  What should I do?  There is a small balance but hosetly my FI and I don't want to pay anything else for it.  We just want to get our money back!

Re: Paid for bridesmaid dress ..now bridesmaid is out of the wedding...

• edited April 2013
    Call the store and request a refund.
  • I would see if the bridal store will take the dresses back and refund you your money, but most likely they won't.

You will most likely have to pay off the rest of the balance and then try and sell the dress on ebay to recupe some of your losses.

I am sorry this happened but when you offer to pay for something up front for a friend or family member you always take the chance of never seeing that money ever again.

• Try to work something out with the store. If they won't give you a refund, ask if they would be willing to give you a store credit for the dresses. You could use the credit for RD dress, lingerie, MOB dress, accessories etc...It doesn't hurt to ask.

• yeah the store credit thing soinds like a good idea and if all else fails there is always JUDGE JUDY
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards