Moms and Maids

MOH backed out of the wedding

I set my wedding date and ordered save the dates about a month ago. I also lined up the bridesmaids and preacher as well. My MOH is my best friend, her daughter is a bridesmaid, and her dad is my preacher for the ceremony. This morning she tells me that no one in her family will be coming to the wedding because her daughter has a cheerleading thing that day. I understand her daughter not being able to come because she made a commitment to her squad. However, my MOH could still come. She is backing out because her 14 year old daughter "needs someone to help her get dressed." Am I wrong to be really mad and hurt??

Re: MOH backed out of the wedding

• I understabd that people have other commitments they can't get out of, but I'd be bummed as well. Especially if its the moh, not a guest. Is the wedding going to be near where the cheerleading comepition is? Maybe your moh can get ger daughter ready before the wedding and she can still be in it. That sucks though.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • " Am I wrong to be really mad and hurt??" You're not wrong to be hurt, but it's not okay to be mad and your MOH. It's not her fault her daughter's comp is the same day as your wedding. Be mad at the universe, if you feel the need to blame someone lol. I totally get that you're bummed, though. It sucks, but in the end, she's still your best friend and even though she has to miss your wedding, it's not a personal slight.
  • I"m sure it is more than just helping her get dressed.  My SIL is the varsity cheerleading coach and the HS where she teaches and when they go to competition, some of those moms are there for every second of it.  I'm sure your friend wants to be there for her daughter, and she should be.

Fine to be hurt (and get over it), NOT COOL to be mad at her.
  • she probubaly just wanted an out... even if it is her kid her kid is 14 and should understand mommy cant be there for everything I was a swimmer and my mom couldnt make every single meeet but i knew she loved and supported me 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also keep in mind that she may not have known about the competition when you asked her. It's ok to be disappointed, but your friends daughter is and should be the higher priority. My MOH also backed out because her bf wound up having an OOT conference that weekend and couldn't watch their son. I was bummed, but it certainly didn't ruin the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards