Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Getting Pics Before the Ceremony

I've thought about having the separate pictures of the bridal party done before the ceremony and the whole bridal party after the ceremony to not keep guests waiting so long during cocktail hour. 
Experiences/Opinions? 

Re: Getting Pics Before the Ceremony

• We will be doing first look/bridal party pictures before the ceremony.  I think it is a good way to save time and enjoy as much of your reception as possible.  We will also be doing a few hopefully quick pictures right after the ceremony with family then straight to the fun!

• We did a "first look" ceremony as well - the photographer did a photo session with just me and my husband.  He had his back turned to me and she recorded him turning around and seeing me for the first time.  Then we did the wedding party and my family photos.  We did his family photos after the wedding because I suspected (correctly) that some of his family would be late.  I would totally recommend doing photos before the wedding.  
  • Agree PP's, we're doing first look and getting the formals out of the way prior to the ceremony.  I'm excited so we can spend more time enjoying the day we've worked so hard for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did a first look at it was the best decision we made.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did a first look, which was great, especially since our ceremony and reception was at the same place, and people didn't have to wait around.
    Even if you don't do a first look, the more wedding party pictures you can do beforehand, the better. Most likely large family pictures will need to be taken after, just due to late arrivals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards