Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

BAD skin problemsmakeup help

Please help! I love wearing makeup mostly eyes and lips. I hate powder, foundation, concealer, etc. I have rosacea, eczema, large/clogged pores, and occasional breakouts.

What kind of makeup can I wear that would work for my crazy skin that would make me feel beautiful?

Btw if it helps I'm a fair skinned white girl with freckles and I'm turning 30 before I get married.

Re: BAD skin problemsmakeup help

• Options
    I think your best bet would be mineral make up. It's a powder but it's very light on the skin. Bare Minerals has a great matte mineral powder that I use, I absolutely love it. I don't like using liquid or cream foundations because I find they feel really heavy on my skin and I feel like I'm wearing a mask. The mineral foundation can have great coverage but it's really light feeling on the skin. I also found it didn't exacerbate my acne. Just make sure you get a matte powder because the regular kind will show up really shiny or reflective in your wedding pictures. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You might also want to try a BB cream-it's a very light moisturizer/liquid foundation.  I actually find that when I use a stipling brush to apply it, I can't evne tell it's on.  My favorite is Smashbox, but you can go to Ulta or Sephora and get a sample that will last you a few days so you can try it through the normal course of a day (I think Clinique also makes one too, in fact, most of the mall counter brands are starting to, and they should also give you samples to try). 

I use bareminerals for a lot, but I also find that it feels cakey after a while.
  • Options
    I second free's opinion on BB cream, love Smashbox's line!

Alos, you can skip the foundation altogether and go for a veil powerder, or HD powerder. It will help reflect any shinyness for pictures without affecting the color of your skin.
  • Options
    Hi Charlene,

Is this for everyday wear or wedding day?

-Andrea
  • Options
    megabgirl, I'd take your website out of our signature since it's advertising your business, which is against The Knots terms of service. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Try a BB cream as others suggested, or a primer. Some brands make different kinds of primers for particular skin troubles (I used a green tinted one from MUFE to help even out my skin which can get red in places).
  • Options
    I'd go to a pro.  They can try different types of makeup because they have it all.  No need for you to buy stuff and have to return.  I've booked liz fuller from makeup artistry inc for my wedding.  giving her a try for an event i have in june but my coworker had her for her wedding and said she was great.  She actually has vitiligo so to cover and blend to make it look like she had an even compexion was pretty hard. this woman did it.  good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards