Wedding Party
Options

Picking my MOH

Ever since I was sixteen, I knew who my MOH was going to be, my best friend C.  I was her maid of honor and it was understood amongst my other female friends and family members (I have no sisters) that she would be mine. 

Well, a little over a year ago, C decided that she didn't want to be my friend anymore, as I moved across the country and she didn't have the time or the inclination to keep our friendship going.  Not being snarky; that was pretty much straight from the horse's mouth.  Yeah, it broke my heart and it took a long time to get over it, and one of the hardest things to come to terms with was the fact that she wouldn't be a part of my future wedding.

I just got engaged and I'm starting to have to think about who will stand beside me on my big day.  I have three candidates:  two other best friends and my younger cousin.  Because I'm marrying an English guy in England, I'm not even sure two of them would be able to make the ceremony, although I'm trying to give them enough time and help them out as much as I can with travel expenses to get them all there.

I realize I don't have to ask any of them just yet as the wedding is over a year away, but I honestly have no idea who to pick.  English weddings tend to not have both a maid and a matron of honor, but I suppose I could dig in my American heels and insist, but that would still leave one girl out. 

Help? 
The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. -The Essential Rumi
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Picking my MOH

• Options
    You don't need to have a MOH. You could just have three bridesmaids, or no attendants at all.
  • Options
    Just don't have anyone as MOH. I didn't. Both of my bridesmaids were doing the same thing and are equally close to me, so there was no reason to give one of them a title.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I don't have a MOH and everyone is content with that.

One is going to sign the marriage certificate, one is giving a toast, one is holding my bouquet.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Never even considered that!  Thanks everyone:)
    The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. -The Essential Rumi
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards