Wedding Party

Help with MOH and Best Man Entrance/Dance

I'm the MOH in my best friend's wedding in October. Her FI's Best Man is paralyzed and has been so for many years now. I want to make our entrance/dance (if they want us to do one) as fun and carefree as possible. Any suggestions for this? I've never met him before, but from the stories I have heard is has a great sense of humor and loves to have a good time.

Re: Help with MOH and Best Man Entrance/Dance

• This is really not something you need to worry about.  The B&G will let you know how they want you to enter the reception when the time comes.  It sounds like they have a long time to figure it out.  And I have never seen a "bridal party dance," but it sounds absolutely boring for guests and awkward for the bridal party.  Hopefully the bride will not make you do this, and you can dance with your SOs and friends.  
  • If the bride and groom have any sense in the slightest, they won't put him on the spot with unecessary things like bridal party dances and entrances. After my wedding, I let my bridal party just go do whatever they wanted.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• We are not doing one just our first dance. I wouldn't plan anything unless it's mentioned to you

• I think she is talking about when they introduce the bridal party, some people 'dance' into the reception instead of just walking in.  I dont think she is talking about an actual dance on the dance floor.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-with-moh-and-best-man-entrancedance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9968ef55-078e-444c-8139-9329774bc51cPost:97b154f9-c0b5-49ce-89b8-d74d96dbcaf6">Re: Help with MOH and Best Man Entrance/Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think she is talking about when they introduce the bridal party, some people 'dance' into the reception instead of just walking in.  I dont think she is talking about an actual dance on the dance floor.
    Posted by aRachel21[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have been to one too many weddings where the WP is forced to do a spotlight dance when they come in and dance with each other. The worst is when the B&G make it a slow dance. Yuck!

OP, it is nice of you to try and help and be concerned with this, but hopefully the bride and groom will use some common sense and not require a  WP dance. They're awkward for all involved. As for the entrance, I would see what the best man would be interested in doing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We used the Beatles "I get by with the help from my friends"

We picked that because we couldn't imagine getting through some of the things life has thrown us with out the people who were in our bridal party.

You pushing in the best man to that could take on a different, yet fun meaning to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards