Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Cookie Table

Hello ladies! I'm currently constructing my cookie list for our cookie table. What cookies are you having on yours? Seeing as I love to bake and am very good at it, as well as I make tons of Christmas cookies as gifts, I will be making most of the cookies myself in advance and freezing them, some of my bridesmaids offered to make one type of cookie each and my mother's best friend who bakes as a side job offered to make a few as well. How many of each type do you suggest be made? Our guest list consists of 114 people, that includes us and the bridal party, as well as about 6 vendors and about 10 children, 3 of them being 1 year old or younger. We don't plan on using them as "favors" to take home, rather they will be eating them at the reception. For now we are having the following cookies: apricot kiffles, nut kiffles, cream wafers, pecan tassies, wedding cookies, lemon drop cookies, chocolate Italian cookies, lady locks, pizzelles and cheesecake cups as well as homemade versions of the girl scout samoas and trefoils. We will also have the following truffles: oreo, cookie dough, cake batter, key lime, pumpkin and the classic cocoa rolled.
May 2013 August Siggy: Hair Inspiration

Re: Cookie Table

• I aminterested to see how many people suggest as I was just thinking about this yesterday. We are doing family favorites and are asking each family to submit a recipe to us to make.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ansannaansanna member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    If anyone responds =) haha
  • I have a list, now I just need to find it! I will share asap! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My father and Law calulated it for us at roughly 5 cookies a person. Your cookies sound great but for 114 people that seems like a lot. We have a guest list of 250 and have I believe 12 different cookies maybe more. Ours will be favors and eat during cocktail hour/ through the evening. Hopefully that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_cookie-table-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:4f70eed3-9ee6-4c9a-bf30-c65eed4694f1Post:7cfdb305-c411-4b92-80fa-0a9b3dcb1b1b">Re: Cookie Table</a>:
    [QUOTE]My father and Law calulated it for us at roughly 5 cookies a person. Your cookies sound great but for 114 people that seems like a lot. We have a guest list of 250 and have I believe 12 different cookies maybe more. Ours will be favors and eat during cocktail hour/ through the evening. Hopefully that helps!
    Posted by pittpoint1119[/QUOTE]
    This makes me feel better.  I was thinking I only needed around 200 cookies for 75 guests, so started getting concerned tonight when my aunts told me the final cookie count is over 425 cookies!!  However, by your math, the recommendation would be around 350, so not too far off
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I was thinking of having a wide selection because I love so many different cookies. I didn't think everyone would take one of each. 5 per person sounds reasonable.
  • Hi I'm way late to this but if you're still interested it was suggested having 1 dozen per person for each guest by our venue.  It sounds like a ton but it's really not that many once you get down to it especially when you think how many dozen one batch makes.

We had:

Lady Locks
    Peanut Butter
    Chocolate Chip
    Snickerdoodles
    Cream Wafers
    Oatmeal
    Gobs

Then we had two people bring two trays of cookies each.  Told them to just put whatever they wanted on them, didn't have any specifics.

I really don't know how many of each we ended up making but we ended up with 10 trays of our cookies plus the 4 from the other two ladies and we only had maybe 3 trays left after it all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I'm going to buy cookkies from a bakery and I was going to order based on 4 to 5 cookies per person. I don't have my complete  list of cookies yet but I am going to do the standard chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, chocolate fudge, gobs, sugar cookies, kalakies (spelling?) and possibly some pumpkin cookie since I'll be getting married during the fall.
  • I actually was just going to post about this. We are making about 6 dozen of each kind and are having about 115 people. 

Chocolate Chip
    Double Chocolate
    Almond
    Biscotti
    Thumbprints
    Pitzelles
    Cannolli
    Penut butter
    Penut Butter Blossoms
    Envelope Cookies
    Shortbread
    Buck Eyes
    Mini Cheesecakes
    Lemon bars 
    Wedding Balls
    Snicker Doodles
    No Bakes
    Cake Balls 
    Pumpkin Roll
    Nut Roll
    Butter Almond
    White Nut
    Rasperry Tarts
    Mini Pies

Basically - It's going to be a pigfest. And we're not offering to go containers. LOL.
    May 2013 August Siggy: The Hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO idea! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards