Wedding Party
Options

Sisters as Groomsmen

I need some thoughts on having my fiance's sisters stand up with him. I have 2 sisters and he has 3 and we have no brothers. So I have 6 people I would like to stand up with me and he has 3. We both want his sister's to be involved and he has been in all of theirs so I suggested they just stand up on his side. Our colors are going to be different shades of blue so I suggested they could get a different shade like a dark blue or even black to match tuxes.  Has anyone done something like this? Or seen this? Or have ideas of how I can explain this to him? I think it would be really cool but I don't think he can see past there not being equal guys and girls. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Re: Sisters as Groomsmen

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    We asked our groomswoman what she preferred to wear. She opted for a tan skirt suit to match him and a blouse and tie to match our coral accent color.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's totally fine, but don't call her a groomsman. Groomsmaid or groomswoman is fine,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my two brothers and two sisters on my side, and H had his brother, one male friend, and two female friends on his side. We had all of the girls in the same outfit, and all of the guys in the same outfit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards