Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Casual Rehearsal Dinner locations

Does anyone have a recommendation for a casual rehearsal dinner location in Pittsburgh? Preferably looking for somewhere in the downtown area so that out-of-towners get a feel for the city. Would need to hold 55-60 guests.

THANKS!

Re: Casual Rehearsal Dinner locations

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Lidia's in the Strip District.  I was hoping to find something on Mount Washington to show my guests the view, but I wanted something more casual and Lidia's seemed perfect.  It's Italian food, and I think they can fit 60 but it might be a little tight.  I'm only having 30.  I also looked at Monterey Bay on Mount Washington - it's not necessarily casual, but it has a great view and a private room.  I have info on both if you'd like it.

Good luck!
    Julia
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spaghetti Warehouse in the Strip District has been the rehearsal dinner site of choice for several brides on this board over the past year.  It is very affordable!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also having ours at Lidia's. Their private dining area is a loft which as Julia mentioned accomodates about 60 people. We're only having 35 guests so I believe they partition off the room for 2 private parties then (I'm hoping there's no other booking on the night of our RD:) but if you're having 60 people, you'd have the whole loft space to yourselves. If most of your guests will be from OOT, Lidia's would be a good base. The Strip is always such a fun place to explore. Half of our guests will be from OOT and staying at the Hampton Inn so it will be convenient for everyone to get to the RD too, just down the street.
    Good luck!

My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Spaghetti Warehouse in the Strip.  I like that it's in that area, it's a casual atmosphere, and the prices are great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    anh1pittanh1pitt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at cafe J in dormont. really big banquet room, completely refurbished restaurant.... and moderately priced! definately big enough for your group
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards