Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Best Bakeries in Pittsburgh for Cookies

Hi Ladies!

Well my cookie plans completely fell through.  Boo!  So I would appreciate the advice from everyone who has some of the best cookies in the Burgh I can get for my wedding.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Best Bakeries in Pittsburgh for Cookies

• Options
    Prantls and Potomac bakery would be my pick.Prantls can get expensive though
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    I just reviewed cookies after my wedding.  We tried Prantl's, Lincoln, Potomac, Party Cake, Kriebels, Oakmont.... and we liked Potomac and Party cake the best.  Potomac was more affordable and were fantastic to deal with-they delivered them to the venue for us the night before and even made some cookies in our wedding colors.  Everyone loved the cookies at our wedding!
  • Options
    I tasted cookies at a Bridal Show from Prantls & The Priory - both delicious. Also The Vanilla Pastry Studio has amazing treats !
    happy planning xoxo Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love The Priory, Prantl's, and yes, Vanilla Pastry has great treats!  Haven't tried their cookies but I love them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I noticed a new bakery in Squirrel Hill called Cakes and Cookies (or something like that - it's on Murray) today. Wonder how they are? And, wonder since they're seemingly new (although I don't go to Squirrel Hill that often) if they'd cut you a deal for good pubilicity?
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    ^ Hah, I went to high school with the girl who owns it with her mom.  I haven't tried their cookies yet but they did just open on Saturday, I believe.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I tried them the day they opened - delicious! Try their ultimate chocolate chip cookie. And I'm a picky Italian when it comes to cookies :)  We are in talks to use them to boost our cookie table.  also, try The Pie Place and Graham's Bakery in the south hills - the latter is a mom and pop that I grew up with and they make all those cookies from your childhood for cheap.  They couldn't be nicer :) The Pie Place (they are doing our desserts) has a large cookie and truffle tray for $60  - 7-8 dozen cookies. Not bad if you are in a bind.
    What a beautiful mess this is...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    grandma's country oven bakeshop in harrison city. amazing- my fiance and i got our cake there. they have a ton of choices and do platters and trays and whatnot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards