Gay Weddings

Raised surrounded by hetero but planning a same-sex wedding

So will I notice any differences?

You know the famous "we're not gay married--we're married." Well are there circumstances where your same-sexness or queerness stood out for you in the wedding planning? 

When it comes to my partner and I--we are planning to host a backyard wedding where we will say our vows and then have an upscale barbeque (I do catering). So there won't be any of that "this is a same-sex wedding, is that okay?" when it comes to photographers, venues, ceremonies, etc. 

I also live in Canada.

Re: Raised surrounded by hetero but planning a same-sex wedding

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_raised-surrounded-by-hetero-but-planning-a-same-sex-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:ce619dc4-ca0c-4926-93c9-71e141c2aa41Post:736fe7a9-1482-4357-a95c-5f828170edfd">Raised surrounded by hetero but planning a same-sex wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]So will I notice any differences? You know the famous "we're not gay married--we're married." Well are there circumstances where your same-sexness or queerness stood out for you in the wedding planning?  When it comes to my partner and I--we are planning to host a backyard wedding where we will say our vows and then have an upscale barbeque (I do catering). So there won't be any of that "this is a same-sex wedding, is that okay?" when it comes to photographers, venues, ceremonies, etc.  I also live in Canada.
    Posted by theshewolf[/QUOTE]

<div>Make sure your photographer is knowlegeable about same sex couples. I had a conversation about this with my wedding photographer a couple of weeks ago since it was all over the news lately. He told me that many photographers, even experienced ones, blow it at same sex portraits because you don't pose 2 men or 2 women the same way necessarily.  Outside of that everything else should be the same.  </div>
  • I actually did a page on my planning site about the special issues we dealt with.  You can see it at this link.  The basics were the same as in any wedding, but there were little differences, from coordinating the dresses and veils to fixing the Hebrew pronouns in the ceremony.  (We had a Jewish ceremony.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_raised-surrounded-by-hetero-but-planning-a-same-sex-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:ce619dc4-ca0c-4926-93c9-71e141c2aa41Post:84518e79-1b3c-47f1-bee8-b27ea8d45450">Re: Raised surrounded by hetero but planning a same-sex wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually did a page on my planning site about the special issues we dealt with.  You <strong>can see it at this link . </strong> The basics were the same as in any wedding, but there were little differences, from coordinating the dresses and veils to fixing the Hebrew pronouns in the ceremony.  (We had a Jewish ceremony.)
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]

<div>That was lovely. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Love your blog 2dbride!

Most of those adaptation won't be relevant to me but it is really awesome being able to read about the experiences of those within the gay community.
  • I didn't do a blog, but here is a link to our wedding album.  Maybe it will help, since we did an outdoor ceremony/reception as well.   It was at a park, and we did have an inside venue for the dancing and food. But, the seating was outdoors. 

http://mikivargasphotography.smugmug.com/Other/C/26094494_QcTMDG#!i=2167682134&k=PK8wJ55
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards