April 2012 Weddings
Options

BM in a canceled, now back on wedding?

I was asked to be a BM in a wedding. Friend then canceled, but it is now back on (her and FI are in counseling). Am I still a BM? 

We have had no falling out or anything. I would totally understand if she decided to scrap the old plans and do a DW/smaller wedding or maybe only have a MOH/best man, but I'll be kinda hurt if she "kicks me out"/replaces me....idk if you can even call it kicking out since she canceled the wedding, but its back on now?

Thoughts?

I guess I should ask my friend about this, or should I wait and let her bring it up?
April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**

Re: BM in a canceled, now back on wedding?

• Options
    Erica, I would think, unless they say they are going to have a smaller wedding/DW now without BM, you would still hold your spot as a BM. If you haven't had a falling out or anything, I would think you are still her BM unless she states otherwise. When is the wedding? Do you know any of the other BMs or MOH? You could ask them if they know anything? If the wedding is soon, I would ask your friend. If it's not until next year, I would hold off a little longer to see if she says anything to you about it!
    April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would also think that you're still in it, but we all know what happens when you assume :) You should definitely ask her, so you know. 

My best friend was asked to be in a wedding a few years ago. The couple broke up and got back together about a year later. They then got engaged again (about 3 years after the first engagement) and the girl never said anything to my friend about being in the wedding. About 3 months before the wedding, she sent my friend a list of people to invite to the bridal shower. My friend was caught completely off guard, since she wasn't asked the second time around. Asking is the best bet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I agree with the PPs.  I would assume that would still be in the wedding unless it will be smaller or DW.  I think it would be best to ask the bride or the other BM's.
  • Options
    jash009jash009 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I aggree, unless she specifically tells you otherwise, I would assume you're still a BM.  But if you're not sure I would go ahead and ask her.  Just casually ask her if the plans have changed or if everything is going ahead as originally planned. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards