Wedding Reception Forum

Beach front wedding venue suggestions?- Florida and Georgia

Hello everybody,

I'd be really interested to hear suggestions to help us choose where to get married in April 2014. We're mainly interested in a coastal location in Florida, but have also been told that Georgia has many beautiful locations too, so we wouldn't rule that out either.

We live in the UK but fell in love with Florida when we visited 10 years ago. We believe it to be the ideal place for us to tie the knot and as such, we are visiting Florida this June 2013 to hopefully find a suitable venue for the following year.

Not being locals we would really appreciate your help in suggesting some locations for our ceremony and also some good reception venues for us to check out. Any other advice or tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated. 

We have friends and relatives who would be flying with us from the UK and so we need to try and firm up our plans as soon as we can. We think 20-30 guests will make the trip with us.

Thanks in advance,

Hannah and Mark.

Re: Beach front wedding venue suggestions?- Florida and Georgia

• If you also post this on their local boards (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_beach-front-wedding-venue-suggestions-florida-and-georgia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:38958b09-f4ea-457c-b0de-ecb8f6de4794Post:a4bee2e4-1783-4a77-baf4-eb86197ce378">Re: Beach front wedding venue suggestions?- Florida and Georgia</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you also post this on their local boards (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]
    Ok, will do. Thanks.<div>
    </div>
  • We are from the US but also doing a destination wedding and in Florida in November of this year. We looked at Sanibel Island and Clearwater Beach (both on the Gulf coast) and LOVED the Clearwater Beach area! Fairly easy for guests to fly into (even interational guests -- my cousin is flying from London Gatwick direct to Tampa International Airport) with a beautiful, wide beach area that is about a 20-minute drive from the Tampa airport. The Orlando airport is about 2 hours away and Fort Myers airport is also within a couple hour drive. We are doing a resort wedding, but there are wedding companies that have been recommended to my fiance and me that do non-resort weddings right on the beach -- Weddings on a Whim and Clearwater Beach Weddings are two in the Clearwater area that have been recommended. If you're looking for a resort wedding, the Hyatt, Hilton, and Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach are all beautiful. You can complete RFP requests for information on their websites.

Such a good idea to travel to visit venues. We did that and it really, really helped us make a decision on a venue that we're comfortable with and excited about, as the rest of the planning is all being done from a distance.

Hope this helps some!

(Didn't see that you posted on the local or destination wedding boards, so thought I would reply here.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards