Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Im completely lost..HELP

Ok so we are forsure having a small ceremony with just close family and then a big reception. My question is we are on a budget so I was thinking small ceremony and then small dinner for just the people at the ceremony...Is this ok? 
Then of course just have a appetizers and small stuff for our big reception....I was thinking start reception at 7 not really in the dinner hour and not to late. Is this ok? 
And one more question if we have a afternoon wedding and do pictures in between how long do pictures usually take? ok thank you and sorry about all the questions im completely lost Frown 

Re: Im completely lost..HELP

• Options
    In Response to Re:Im completely lost..HELP:[QUOTE]Ok so we are forsure having a small ceremony with just close family and then a big reception. My question is we are on a budget so I was thinking small ceremony and then small dinner for just the people at the ceremony...Is this ok?nbsp;Then of course just have a appetizers and small stuff for our big reception....I was thinking start reception at 7 not really in the dinner hour and not to late. Is this ok?nbsp;And one more question if we have a afternoon wedding and do pictures in between how long do pictures usually take? ok thank you and sorry about all the questions im completely lostnbsp;nbsp; Posted by mimiwilson1988[/QUOTE]

Your plan is rude. If you want to have a private ceremony, and a small reception for those attending the ceremony, that's fine. But don't serve dinner to those guests and then have a big party with everyone else. It stinks of a tiered reception and is rude.

You need to properly host your guests. All of them. If you want to have a private ceremony and small reception, that's fine. But I would skip the big "reception" afterwards. It sounds gift grabby.

Also 7pm is still dinner time. if you decide to have an appetizers and dessert reception only everyone, not just your second tier guests do it at ether 2pm or after 8pm.
  • Options
    I never understand this plan. It does not save you money to still throw a big party and it's rude besides. Have a small wedding all around and then you can keep your budget down. It will not be the end of the world to not invite people. They'll understand and get over it. But they will be insulted if you tell them they're good enough to come bring you a present but not good enough to see you get married.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    If your wedding really isn't until June 2015 like your profile says, you should definitely save as much money as you can to host your guests properly, and determine in about a year what your guest list should be.

Don't ever invite more people than you can afford to fully host.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_im-completely-losthelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:7c6ff55a-d88d-4882-8c74-2e4cecfdc242Post:08f5e7b1-8166-4f7e-8c5c-8eb66c97f5ef">Re: Im completely lost..HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I never understand this plan. It does not save you money to still throw a big party and it's rude besides. Have a small wedding all around and then you can keep your budget down.</strong> It will not be the end of the world to not invite people. They'll understand and get over it. But they will be insulted if you tell them they're good enough to come bring you a present but not good enough to see you get married.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

This.  Especially the bolded.  I just don't get it either.

• Options
    Everyone needs to be invited to the entire reception, including dinner.  Inviting most of your guests to party after the ceremony and dinner is very rude.  

7:00 is dinner time.  If you invite your guests at 7, you need to feed all of them dinner.  If you want to do just snacks, your time should either be around 2:00 or starting after 8:30.  

Since you don't really want to host most of your guests, you're better off to just invite the few that you want to actually have at the ceremony and dinner to the whole thing, and leave the rest totally off the list.  
  • Options
    Wow talk about rude is insinuating that im just trying to plan my wedding for gifts. and how rude it would be to just have a ceremony for the people which would just be parents and grandparnets. We live in a very small area of Iowa and have 4 kids in all so yeah have the smallest wedding as possible is what we want. And to share our day with our family which is what we want because they are very much a part of our lives is all im saying and to show appreciation to them for being there for us. So thanks for your opinon but all the rude comments on this post were really not nice when I was just throwing around ideas 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_im-completely-losthelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7c6ff55a-d88d-4882-8c74-2e4cecfdc242Post:5a9cc3c9-2d1e-4c3b-8b3d-12b6bc785fb4">Re: Im completely lost..HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow talk about rude is insinuating that im just trying to plan my wedding for gifts. and how rude it would be to just have a ceremony for the people which would just be parents and grandparnets. <strong>We live in a very small area of Iowa and have 4 kids in all so yeah have the smallest wedding as possible is what we want.</strong> And to share our day with our family which is what we want because they are very much a part of our lives is all im saying and to show appreciation to them for being there for us. So thanks for your opinon but all the rude comments on this post were really not nice when I was just throwing around ideas 
    Posted by mimiwilson1988[/QUOTE]

If you want the smallest wedding possible, you invite the smallest number of guests to the whole thing-ceremony and reception. You do *not* invite anyone to the ceremony who is not invited to the reception; nor do you invite some people to one part of the reception but not the whole. That is intensely rude.  Sorry if you don't like the truth, but nobody is going to sugarcoat it for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards