Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Tight time frame between weddings

I wasn't sure where to post about this so I hope this area will help me get an answer.  My fiancé and I booked our wedding at Timber Point in Great River, NY for May 2014.  After we signed our contract it really dawned on us that the wedding before ours that same day ends only an hour and a half before our ceremony starts!  I am in a complete panic about this now because I don’t think there will be enough time for all the other guests to leave and have our entire room set up for us in that short amount of time.  Does anyone have any insight on this?  Have you been to a wedding where they had such a quick turnaround?  I am now wondering if I should forgo our deposit and start over or if we can make this work.  We love the space but I am scared this is just unrealistic even thought the management assures me it will be "fine".

Thank you!

Re: Tight time frame between weddings

• Options
    • I would think that it would be the venue's job to get the other wedding moving and out of there, in time for yours to start up next.  Our priest has already mentioned twice that our 1:00 ceremony which will end about 2:00 needs to be cleaned up and moved outta there by 2:30-3:00, so they can get ready for mass that's not even until 4:30. It came about because we asked if the flower girls could drop petals and he said, "yes" but someone needs to be in charge of cleaning up the flower petals, ect.

• If you're concerned, before canceling this place (I'm sure you would do this anyway, versus cancelling and starting over with no venue) I'd maybe look around for another venue that may have no one before/after you. Or, a bigger gap in between weddings, to ensure that you're all set to go.  I'd also see if whatever decorations or things that you need for your ceremony could be at the place in advance, so that as soon as things wrap up with the one, whoever will be there to set up can get going right away. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Venues do this all the time.  If they say there's not going to be an issue, I'd believe them.  
  • Options
    Talk to your venue about your concerns before chaning anything. Let them know what kind of decorations you want to have put up, they will be able to let you know if it can be done or not.
  • Options
    Our reception ended at 1 AM and the entire reception space was cleared in half an hour. Our ceremony was converted to the cocktail hour space in less than 10 minutes, and we had 200 guests. An hour and a half is plenty of time.
  • Options
    The venue does this all the time; they are professionals and they know how much time they need to turn things over.  I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of the helpful responses.  I have spoken to the venue and they say what most of you are saying.  This is their job, they do it all the time... don't worry.  So I will just have to trust in that.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_timber-point-long-island-concern?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a341f01a-b9cf-4760-8a4b-e12249e141f1Post:65b5147b-dc6a-43b0-bc68-d66201e19481">Re: Tight time frame between weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our reception ended at 1 AM and the entire reception space was cleared in half an hour. Our ceremony was converted to the cocktail hour space in less than 10 minutes, and we had 200 guests. An hour and a half is plenty of time.
    Posted by ZiggyZos[/QUOTE]

Thats amazing!  We will be having 175-200 people.  Do you know how many people were on staff for you to have such a quick turnaround?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards