Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Blending Themes

Most of my wedding will have an antique/Victorian theme, a.k.a. milk glass and Wedgwood china centerpieces, lace, brooch bouquet, etc.. However, we are getting married close to the beach and are just beach people in general. Most of the things I have found that are beach-themed wouln't fit into our decor. Anybody have any ideas on how we can infuse the beach into our wedding in an elegant/classy way?

P.S. the only thing beach-related we have going on right now are small white chocolate shells on our cake.

Re: Blending Themes

• Options
    I wouldn't try to incorporate the beach into it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yeah, to be honest, I don't see beach and Victorian going well together.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_blending-themes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:e11648c5-9284-49c5-8937-af6b64dd29dcPost:b1b0121b-7b6c-481e-8f3c-ab51a328c215">Re: Blending Themes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not a big fan of one theme, much less two. Pick one and stick with it.
    Posted by scribe95[/QUOTE]

This.  Either theme will work by itself (if you need one), but not both together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards