Wedding Reception Forum

Are my wedding colors boring?

Hi everyone!

I'm kind of obsessed with making sure my wedding is "different" yet fun. When I picked my colors, I wanted something romantic that represented me and my fiance. He's Italian and I'm Indian, so there was a lot of drama surrounding the interacial aspect of it. In my mind, it's like a very dramatic/ romantic lovestory. I picked blush and gold as our colors because the blush pink was soft and romantic but the gold helped bring together the value of tradition (which is culturally-rich on both sides of our family). 

Now that I'm thinking about the reception though, I'm having trouble using these colors. I want the color pallete to set the mood for the guests... which should be fun, luxurios (in the sense that they will be awed) and make them want to dance. My venue is at Giorgio's at Fox Hills (http://www.giorgiosatfoxhill.com/giorgio_weddings.php). 

Any other ideas? I really like these colors but I don't want it to be bland because they are so soft.... Both our sides have really vibrant people, and I want to be able to reflect that somewhere. 

Re: Are my wedding colors boring?

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013

I love pink and gold together. I agree with you that they are very romantic colors. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • So not boring! I was thinking of doing that plus a little bit of gold shimmer. I think its gorgeous together.
  • Your colors look beautiful together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards