Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Morning!

Good Morning Ladies!
I'm in pretty early this AM - I've been here since about 6:45 :( I was super busy yesterday and I had to get in early to finish some things before my boss goes to his meeting today with the client. Last night FI and I went to visit his grandmom who recently had a stroke - she was doing much better! Then we went to his parents house for dinner. We got home kind of late and I showered and got right to bed. Oh and FI picked up his suit for the wedding! Looks great! 

I have a bad feeling this is going to be a very long day - Hope it's a good one for everyone!

Re: Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Last night, FI and I had dance class. Which did not go so well. We didn't practice, so we really stunk. Actually, the instructor was dancing with me and he did some dance and I couldn't do it so he switched me out for another partner. :( Oh well. I don't need his stupid dance anyway. :) Other than that we are truckin' along with wedding stuff. I can see our to-do list dwindling which is a fun. Also, we got three gifts in the mail last night which is awesome.

Tonight, I'm going to get an airbrush tan. I'll report back.

G- Yikes on your long day! I hope it goes fast!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

I have absolutely no desire to be at work today. Or this week really. And to make it worse the FI has off on Friday, so he gets a short week.

So I didn't get to run yesterday because it rained (I don't run in a downpour) but hopefully I can go this afternoon. I was thinking that I probably need to get some decent running shoes soon too. Mine aren't comfortable at all.

I also need to clean up my place today to get ready for Easter. We opted not to go to Louisville this year (where the FI'sfamily is). We wanted to stay home. So my mom is coming to town though to spend the holiday with us. I suppose I have to make an Easter brunch, but I'm not sure what the crud I am going to make.

Anyone else doing something fun for Easter/Passover?

GMC- Sorry to hear about his grandma.Glad she is doing better.

Have a good day everyone!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning all!

I had a late-ish night in lab and then have a bunch of computer work to do today... but hopefully it will be a short one.  We've narrowed down florists and are thinking about hotel blocks, so that will be nice to get out of the way.

g - hope the day goes by quickly, and im glad to hear fi's grandma is recovering
    jl - glad the to-do list is getting manageable.  airbrush tan sounds awesome, report back on it!
    sari - good running shoes make a world of difference for me.  
  • Options
    dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!!

I really thought that this week would fly since I have a 3 day week but man....it's not going fast enough.  Plus, my FI is finally coming home from just about a three week stay in Chicago and I can't wait to see him.  He's flying in tomorrow night and should be home around 11.  I can't wait!!

We're hosting our annual Easter brunch on Saturday for my family and then we'll be going to his family's for Easter Sunday lunch.  Looking forward to a fairly relaxing weekend!!

Plus, I ordered some of our chocolate favor potential and they should be arriving on Saturday.  I can't wait to try them!!

Sari - I'm a big fan of brunch foods so I'll be making scrambled eggs, bacon, homefries, sausage, biscuits and mimosas!! 
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Sari, definitely make sure to get good running shoes! I had ones that weren't appropriate for my feet (high arches) when I trained for a half marathon and ended up being in physical therapy for three months with still occasional heal pain (plantar fasciitis)! I went to Elite Runners and Walkers for new shoes out near Robinson and it really helped (unfortunately though I should have done that months before!) 
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - LOL about the dance class! And SO exciting the check list is dwindling!

sari - I agree - DEF get good running shoes! I actually went to Elite Runners and Walkers in Robinson a few years ago and got fitted for running shoes. They are wonderful and it was definitely worth the extra time!! They were super knowledgeable there and my shoes are really comfy!

md  -YAY for narrowing down the florists!!! And great idea to get the block now... esp if you have a lot of OOT guests!

dalecnar - I hear you on the week going by so slow! I've been super busy at work and it's STILL going by slow!!! Hope it speeds up and enjoy your long weekend!
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there ladies!!!  Sorry I have been MIA.  It has been a crazy week here.
    Just busy working and trying to get ready for the FILs visit.  They will be here FRI-MON.  It shold be a fun weekend....once I have the house cleaned : O

I dropped puppies off at camp this morning.  So, they should be nice and tired when I pick them up after work.  Tired puppies, make happy owners! lol

Yesterday there was a 4 car accident in front of my house.  The speed limit is 25 mph on my street and I live across from a Yeshiva School.  One of the cars was going so fast that a parked Ford Explorer was pushed up onto the sidewalk.  I was beyond upset about all of this because people are constantly speeding and running the light on the corner.  I can't tell you how many times I have almost been hit trying to exit my driveway or crossing the street while walking the dogs with a green light.  So, I emailed the mayor's office to explain my frustration with the speeding and the way people park.  They park so that people can't see around their driveways or corners. I am quite impressed, I got a reply from an actual person within the hour and not just an automated response.

GMC- Hope your day doesn't turn out to be too long.

JL- Let me know how the airbrush tan works.  I avoid the sun (like to think I am allergic to skin cancer...lol) and I am pasty white.

Sara - We should be good to run next week!  Woo-hoo!!

MD- Which florists have you narrowed it down to?

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jl- Are you having someone actually airbrush you or are you doing a spray tan booth? I've never had anyone actually airbrush me so I'm curious to see if anyone has tried it.

Md- What hotels are you thinking about?

dalecnar- So I love getting brunch on the weekends too, but my FI hates brunch foods and I don't think my mom is a big fan either. I might make some mimosas for myself though lol

Flowerstar and GMC- Yeah I need to try and get some shoes for sure then. I feel like my left knee hurts pretty bad as soon as I start jogging and I know it's not just because I'm not used to running yet (like my shin splints lol). Hopefully if I get new shoes my knee won't hurt anymore.... I'll try out the store in Robinson, thanks for the suggestion!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards