Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Jamaica Girls

Is the video/ Photography through the sandals resorts worth it?  I mean 1200/2000 is a lot of money for me but if it is going to worth it I am willing to pay.  I am really looking at you Nicole!  Also nicole what was your reception like?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jamaica Girls

• Options
    Girl I got you covered! lol!!

I paid for 300 photos and it was definitely worth it!  We had two photographers for getting ready, shots before the wedding such as: groom with groomsmen, bride with bridal party, first look photo shoot, entire wedding party together, bride and groom only shots, the ceremony and the first hour of the reception (actually, I didn't notice when the photographer left, but he got some great shots during the reception).  Plus the photo package came with one large photo album (I think it 12x12) with all 300 photos (we got to choose the photos to keep from what the photographers took), two "brag books" (a bit smaller than the other album) with 22 pictures each and 25 thank you cards (using one of our photos).  I just approved the books and should be receiving them in the mail any day now!

I didn't want to spend the money on a videographer either and figured photos would be enough.  What I didn't know was that a friend of ours used his iphone to capture lots of moments. Me walking down the aisle, parts of the ceremony, hilarious parts of the reception and the after party.  I am SO grateful for that.  Yes pictures can and do say 1,000 words but having the video is amazing.  I may not have known what I was missing without having video, but now that I do and seen it, I definitely recommend getting some sort of video taken, even if it's just a friend that does it.  I don't know if the cost of Sandals video packages would be worth it since I didn't use it, but since I am so happy with my photos I suppose I would be happy with their video.  Esp if they caught all of the special moments our friend did.  

I would suggest that you find out how long they stay to record.  I know for the photos they ask you about specific shots that you would want, see if they will ask the same for the video.  Also ask about editing, will you be able to see the finished copy before it's finalized.  I am fairly certain that you can decide to add the video package in at the last minute (like when you get to the resort and have your meeting with the on site wedding coordinator) since we added a lot of items when we got there.

My reception was AMAZING!!!  We had a DJ, open bar and buffet style dinner.  The food (carving station with beef tenderloin, fish, all types of sides and salads, bread rolls) desserts and cake was so delicious!  The DJ played great music, even allowed the best man to attach his ipod when the crowd starting requesting songs (only 1 or 2 that he didn't have) but the DJ was well equipped with ALL different genres of music!  We followed that with a fire pit on the beach and a steel drum band for an hour and of course open bar on the beach.  Everyone has an amazing time, I am reliving it as I type this, lol!

How many people are you expecting to join you?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hey ladies, new to this whole posting thing but I am looking at Beaches in Jamaica bc I have a 13 year old brother who will be attending.  They offer the same packages as Sandals since they are the same company.  We are seriously expecting between 50 - 75 people to be joinging us (ridiculous I know, I was doing this to AVOID all of those people)  I'm glad to hear the photos are worth it bc FI and I have been going back and forth about that issue.  How many people are you guys expecting?  I'm trying to figure out if this number is doable or not.  Julyet all of that sounds absolutely amazing.  How many did you have?
  • Options
    It was so great!  We had 30 people come to Jamaica for the wedding!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards