Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Confession Thursday!

Happy Thursday, ladies! Confessions go here!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Confession Thursday!

• Options
    Ugh - this is probably more of a WTF SELF but here goes: My mom gave us a check (not crazy huge but still pretty significant amount) for her contribution to the wedding and I kept forgetting to cash it. I got to deposit it yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere - I had been lugging it around in my purse but it was nowhere to be found. So after ripping apart our whole house I call my mom this morning to see if she can stop the check and get a new one. She thinks the check cashed already!! She was out of the house at the time so she wasn't positive and she's going to check this afternoon once she gets back. I double checked all my accounts and I don't have any depoists matching the amount. I feel like I'm going to be sick. It doesn't affect me budget-wise for the wedding as we weren't anticipating getting any money from the parents but if we do actually end up "losing" that amount I just feel so bad. I don't know how I am going to handle waiting until this afternoon to find out for sure. 
  • Options
    Oh man! That's a nervewracking situation to be in - I'm sorry! I hope your mom calls and says the check wasn't cashed. Fingers are crossed for you!!

Today I confess that I wish I took time off from work BEFORE we leave so that I can get organized for the trip. With the chaos at work and the chaos of wedding stuff left to do I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start. ~sigh~
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kate - just take one thing at a time and don't think about all the other things on the list ;-) You can do it!!!

And - my mom just called back and she said that although it shows cashed in her account that is only due to the way that she had the bank cut the check and the bank shows the check is not actually cashed yet. So I get to rip my house and car apart again tonight to try and find it!!
  • Options
    I hope you find that check.  I know those moments can be stressful.  Look in your car as well.  Sometime I put important things in the car without thinking.  

My confession is trying to figure out what money is going to go where.  I am a little behind on payments because other life decided to happen causing me to spend money that was for the wedding.  Pete and I dedicate my pay to wedding payments and his for our other bills and living expenses,  It is just frustrating.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards