April 2014 Weddings

April 2013 Bride Advice for you!

Hey guys!!

CONGRATS on your engagements!! So exciting. I'm sure you are all getting geared up to get into all of your wedding planning.

Here is my advice for you:

The dress:  My dress had beading all around the bust, going to the back. So pretty, I loved it. On the day-of, all of the beading irritated the inside of my arms. Seriously, a lot. A week later, and I'm still a little raw and ouchy. My advice is to really think about the beading!

Fresh floral:  The only floral I bought was my bouquet and the altar arrangements. I didn't even get to enjoy my flowers after the wedding because we went right on our honeymoon. I tried bringing my bouquet so I could enjoy it but it was really hard keeping a vase full of water and flowers still on my lap for an 8 hour car ride. My advice is to seriously consider silk floral so that you can enjoy it long after the wedding!

Underwear:  I just wore regular plain pantyhose that I cut off at the knee. That was NOT enough to prevent chafing. The insides of my thighs were still red and ugly 3 days after. Definitely get something made for chafing!

That's it!

Those are the only major things that I wish someone would have told me!

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your engagement!!

Re: April 2013 Bride Advice for you!

• Thanks for the info :)  I haven't even thought about the underwear under the dress yet, haha.

My sister did silk flowers for her wedding (in Dec) and I still have my bridesmaid bouquet in my house, haha.  We totally joke that we're just going to order a few more and distribute the same bouquets to my bridesmaids too (after all, my other sister already has one..so I'd only need two more!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Thanks for the great info. A friendof mine just got married and her dress had the same problem with the beading under the arms. I will definitely be watching out for that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Thanks for the advice! Congrats on being a MRS :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • I bought my dress today. There is beading under my arms but the store said they will alter it, and take some beads off :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards