Connecticut
Options

Trusted Seamstress in New Haven area?

Hi Everyone.
I'm having my wedding dress shipped from Europe, and I'm looking for a seamstress to do all the fittings / alterations in the New Haven area. I'm willing to go into Fairfield county, as I spend a lot of time around Westport anyway. I've heard about Alterations by Melonie but have read some mixed reviews. Any recommendations? I'm nervous about trusting someone with something so important!

Re: Trusted Seamstress in New Haven area?

• Options
    My friend used Ann Moore in West Haven. The woman works out of her house, and is supposed to be awesome, and cost effective. I have my first fitting on April 9th, so I cannot speak about any personal experiences yet, but I will say, my friend had a very expensive dress and I know she would not have let just anyone alter it. Feel free to contact her.

24 Danenberg Place, West Haven 

203-931-0931
  • Options
    Michelle Barbara (Alterations by Michelle)  is awesome!!  She works out of her home in Branford...(203) 483-9221.  I wasn't happy with the service at the shop I bought my dress, so didn't do alterations there and went to Michelle instead.  She's so nice and did a great job. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards