Outdoor Weddings
Options

paddle fans for guests

I want to get colored paddle fans for my guests. I'm wondering if I should order one for each guest. My fiancee says there's no way any of the men will be using them lol, no matter how hot it is. What do you guys think?

Re: paddle fans for guests

• Options
    We made our programs into fans. Everyone used them in the July heat.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_paddle-fans-for-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b2fe4fcf-967a-4e67-8ef6-19b573406bf3Post:c9e96882-ff8b-44d1-b879-9952122d6d3c">paddle fans for guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to get colored paddle fans for my guests. I'm wondering if I should order one for each guest. My fiancee says there's no way any of the men will be using them lol, no matter how hot it is. What do you guys think?
    Posted by cahira[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would order enough for every guest.  

</div>
  • Options
    I think he is wrong.  If it is hot outside and guys are sitting there in suits, their dignity won't keep them from using a fan.  I would go with a neutral rattan type color or maybe white though because guys aren't going to want girly colored fans.
  • Options
    I thought the same thing...I was thinking of going with white and another color. Not having programs. Thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    I agree with your Fiance! I am having an outside wedding I only ordered enough for the ladies and I ordered them in Fuschia to assure that only the ladies would want them...lol...Saves money!

n Response to paddle fans for guests:
    [QUOTE]I want to get colored paddle fans for my guests. I'm wondering if I should order one for each guest. My fiancee says there's no way any of the men will be using them lol, no matter how hot it is. What do you guys think?
    Posted by cahira[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to Re: paddle fans for guests:
    [QUOTE]I agree with your Fiance! I am having an outside wedding I only ordered enough for the ladies and I ordered them in Fuschia to assure that only the ladies would want them...lol...Saves money! n Response to paddle fans for guests :
    Posted by Flowers1414[/QUOTE]

So you are saving money by making sure the guys won't take a fan to cool themselves off?  In ties and jackets?  Really?
  • Options
    I am having coral program fans, and ordered enough for all guests, including children that are old enough to have a seat.  Heat doesn't discriminate, so I want to make sure anyone can use a fan to help cool off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would order enough for everyone. I went to a wedding in July a couple years back and it was HOT and we didn't have anything to help fan us. People were using whatever they had to help fan themselves down. It's the polite thing to do in my opinion.
  • Options
    I would order one for every guest. If its hot out, I wouldn't care what the color was.
  • Options
    Men will especially need them, wearing suits. We had fans at ours, and the men were the ones primarily the ones using them.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I agree with getting one for every guest.  Although some men or even some women for that matter may not use them, some will & you won't know until your wedding.  Especially if it is quite warm/hot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Women will be in sundresses or lighter fabrics, men will be in coat and tie.  WHY wouldn't you make sure the guys had a fan?  Who needs it worse?
  • Options
    I ordered enough for 75% of our guests.   I was left with about 30% of those.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I made enough for about 80% of our guest list, and most of them were not used, but we had a comfortable day with good shade. I'd rather have too many than not enough.

It's not very nice to only order enough for ladies or try to limit who gets them by color choice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love your post and totally agree!
  • Options
    kmrs813kmrs813 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

hey everyone!

I am wondering where these program fans are being ordered from?

Orientaltrading is pricier than I've seen them, and I'd like to order about 150

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards