Just Engaged and Proposals

Shout it from the mountaintops!!

I think a woman and/or man should show off their ring and future hubby and/or wifey any chance they get. Be proud of your future matrimony especially since you EARNED it ; Don't hide it to spare other people's feelings of jealousy, etc. Real friends will be happy for you know matter what. Somebody needs to help this country's embarrassingly high divorce rate. Best wishes and good luck!

Re: Shout it from the mountaintops!!

• Just curious, but what was the point of that post? Besides, being proud of it is great, but there is a limit to what people can take, especially ones wanting to get married but have to wait for whatever reason, those who are divorced/widowed/separated, singles that wish they weren't single, etc.
  • Cool story bro.

• I'm not sure how anyone has "earned" being engaged or getting married, nor how showing off your engaged status helps the divorce rate. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_shout-it-from-the-mountaintops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:447303ad-fd25-4e9f-b011-ebf1f5163371Post:2ec58b34-eae8-4d25-8c10-a8326515afea">Shout it from the mountaintops!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a woman and/or man should show off their ring and future hubby and/or wifey any chance they get. Be proud of your future matrimony especially since you EARNED it ; Don't hide it to spare other people's feelings of jealousy, etc. Real friends will be happy for you know matter what. Somebody needs to help this country's embarrassingly high divorce rate. Best wishes and good luck!
    Posted by sweet4hop[/QUOTE]

Your right! You should be proud of what you do, don't go around hiding it!

It is your moment, your time. If other people gets jealous about it well is their problem, not yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards