Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Need help finding full-figured lingerie

I picked up my wedding dress from Alfred Angelo yesterday.  I asked them when I should go in for alterations and they told me, "Two months before the wedding."  

When I mentioned that my wedding is in 6 weeks, they told me I have to be in by Thursday for alterations or the dress (it's actually a bridesmaid dress) won't be ready for my wedding day!

I'm freaking out a bit since:
1) I ordered the dress a size bigger than the recommended and it's still tight in the chest, and
2) I haven't gotten my undergarments yet.  I need a bra that is really supportive since I'm a 38DDD-F and a shaper since my dress is satin and my size 16 hourglass curves are uneven.

There's not much I can do about the dress except have the seamstress take it out, but I need something to life the girls so they fit in the bust at the right place (they're actually sitting about 1" below where the bust stops on the dress).

I'm going to check out Lady Godiva's today, but I'm nervouse since I've heard their service and selection has gone downhill since I last shoppped there 10 years ago for my sophomore  prom undergarments.

Does anyone have suggestions on where else I can find supportive, plus-sized bras and shapers?

Re: Need help finding full-figured lingerie

• edited December 2011
    Spanx! 

You can order them from www.spanx.com or find them at Lane Bryant.  Sizing on their prduct is very easy and accurate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • teryan2321teryan2321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Spanx are awesome!! I have two pair. You can get them at Chico's. Do you live near Ross Park Mall? Nordstrom is having their annual sale, and I just bought two bras there that were about $76 for about $50. They have bigger sizes, I just bought a 38DD and I know there were bigger sizes. I have a lot of trouble finding sizes, and I found the most comfortable bras there.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I don't even know where Ross Park Mall is...

I guess the problem is that I don't gain weight but my bust gets bigger, so I'm usually at a new cup size every two years.  It's a pain in the ass.   I live in the Belle Vernon area, about an hour south of the city.  Where is Ross Park located?  If they have bras in my size there, worth going to!

I went to Lane Bryant because I always wore a 38DDD there but it no longer fits. :(  I've spoken with my seamstress and we're likely going to use one of my old Lane Bryant bras that has a better fit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards