Hawaii
Options

Maui Vendors

Hello -
I'm rather new to the knot. I've been engaged for about a month. My fiancé and I want to get married in Maui have no date set. Can someone please give me suggestions on how far in advance we need to start locking in vendors to get a specific date or time of the year?
Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Maui Vendors

• Options
    Congrats on your engagement, and welcome!  Vendor availability really depends on your season.  If you want to get married during May/June/July/August, those are generally peak seasons and the top vendors can book up far in advance.  Same with major holidays & long weekends & interesting dates (like 10/11/12 or 10/10/10).  Other times are a little less intense, but again, top vendors are often snatched up.  The longer you wait, the more flexible you will need to be on either date or vendor or venue -- but there are plenty of great Maui vendors so you still have options.  We booked about 6 months in advance and had our pick of the crop, but we were off season and on a random day.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the response. We most likely won't be getting married for another year and half at the earliest. Sounds like we have some time then but I agree the sooner the better. We are considering  Olowalu Plantation House for the location. It looks AMAZING. I'm hoping to keep everything at a $20K budget for about 75 guest which I think is going to be tough.. But my future brother in law is a local so hoping we can have him help us by getting some locals discounts. But again not even sure this is possible..

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_maui-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:baf3d00e-46fc-4f16-a9c6-bdc7a94364e0Post:61efa8ed-c8f9-4da6-99c3-dc6232e68ffa">Re: Maui Vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your engagement, and welcome!  Vendor availability really depends on your season.  If you want to get married during May/June/July/August, those are generally peak seasons and the top vendors can book up far in advance.  Same with major holidays & long weekends & interesting dates (like 10/11/12 or 10/10/10).  Other times are a little less intense, but again, top vendors are often snatched up.  The longer you wait, the more flexible you will need to be on either date or vendor or venue -- but there are plenty of great Maui vendors so you still have options.  We booked about 6 months in advance and had our pick of the crop, but we were off season and on a random day.
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards