April 2013 Weddings

Um, I hope the dress still fits!

Because I just took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow!  We started trying last month, and had no idea it would happen this fast - but we are thrilled!  Well, mostly in shock since this just happened 3 hours ago, but so excited!  I guess I won't be drinking at the wedding/honeymoon!  Good thing Hawaii has plenty of nice relaxing things to do!  I am just hoping I don't throw up on my wedding dress - I hope I don't get sick that day.  Sorry this is random, but I can't tell anyone in real life yet.  FI says to let it sink in first and go to the doctor to confirm before we tell people.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Um, I hope the dress still fits!

• CONGRATS!! That is so awesome!!
  • Thank you, thank you!  We would have preferred it to have happened right away AFTER the wedding, but we have been researching and found out it can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant, so we just started trying!  I am in shock!  That was fast!  I was worried because I am 32 that it might take a little longer... I just hope everything goes well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • Congratulations!
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited March 2013
    Congratulations! FI and I just started trying (in earnest), too. I'm 36, so I'm a little worried, too. I won't find out until the week before the wedding if it took.

Good luck! There's an OTC anti-nausea medicine that is safe for use during pregnancy, from what I understand. Check with your doctor if it's okay to take it on your wedding day.

ETA: Your dress should fit fine. There's no noticeable weight gain or body change in the first two months.
  • edited March 2013
    OMG!!! Congratulations!! You are SO lucky to get pregnant right away!!!! I'm sure the dress will fit, but keep trying it on just in case you have to do an emergency let out lol And just prep for some time in Hawaii for lots of lounging on the beach in case you get tired. And you can still enjoy lots of delicious drinks that are just nonalcoholic! So exciting!!

PS- Are you going to announce it at the wedding? Because that would be totally fun haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! That's great news!!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Congratulations to you and your FI, that is such great news!
  • OMG Mazel tov! Such exciting news!!!!
  • Thank you all so much!!! 

Von - I hope it works fast for you!!

Orange - I am so excited to lounge in Hawaii!  I was planning on lounging anyway because I thought I would be hungover some nights LOL.  I guess not!!!  FI told me a week or so ago that he hoped we got pregnant just before the wedding so he can announce it in the toast!  I think that 's considered too early to announce it, but what a perfect time!  Maybe he will!  I just wish we could both go home and discuss everything right now - I took a test at 5:45 am and he left at 6:15.  No work is getting done here today by me! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2013
    It's not too early if you don't want it to be lol it's up to you on if you want it announced earlier or not! I know a lot of people who announce more around 8 wks these days. Because right now what are you.. 4 weeks? so by the time of the wedding you'd be 7 weeks and probably already had your first doctor appointment. You could do it probably if you wanted to! That would be pretty fun :p And yeah- Hawaii will be perfect just in case you don't feel too hot, to do lots of relaxing beachy stuff! And ugh yah, I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate for like a few days after that news along with a wedding approaching haha! Thank goodness for the Knot to distract- now you have to get on the bump!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • allychaseallychase member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2013
    OMG congrats!!! I'm jealous!!! But still finishing my degree so no babies quite yet lol. TP for a healthy, happy pregnancy!!!!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG congrats!!
  • sis180sis180 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    yay!! Congrats! What a fun announcement to make at the wedding!! You could do a fun reveal or something! (I've been watching too many "surprise we're pregnant" videos on YouTube!) 
  • AHHHHH!! Congratulations, how exciting!!!! 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Thank you all so much!  Orange, FI will announce it at the wedding, I am sure!  I am just going to have a hard time not announcing it for the next 3 weeks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_um-i-hope-the-dress-still-fits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:1861980b-6a43-4549-8f27-31fdaf143262Post:6ece4198-007c-4ec6-857b-3d8656dd4b3f">Re: Um, I hope the dress still fits!</a>:
    [QUOTE]yay!! Congrats! What a fun announcement to make at the wedding!! You could do a fun reveal or something! (I've been watching too many "surprise we're pregnant" videos on YouTube!) 
    Posted by Leannmb1[/QUOTE]

bahahaha I watch those too! I love to watch gender reveal party videos as well!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, huge congratulations, that's wonderful! :D Really really happy for you!!
  • flojo973flojo973 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Congrats!  I'm glad to hear it didn't take you too long, I am worried about that!

ETA:  I'm also scared my dress won't fit but not because I'm pregnant.  I've been stress eating and I can't stop!
  • OMG!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you ladies!!!  Although I don't really beleive it at all yet, I am excited!  I want to go home and take a test again! LOL.

I am trying to figure out if I am allowed to get my hair dyed and a mani/pedi for the wedding!  Well, by figuring out I mean googling like crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congats!!! I found out in January so I totally know how you feel about not drinking at the honeymoon or wedding!  It will all be worth it in the end though :)

As far as your dress, the only issue you may have is your boobs fitting.  I didn't start popping out until about 12 weeks so your belly will be fine!  The morning sickness also didn't kick in until about 6 weeks so you should be okay at the wedding!  If not remember that constantly keeping something in your belly (carbs always worked for me) keeps it at bay.  So make sure you eat a bagle or something beforehand and keep ginger ale on hand.  Oh and preggo pops! You can get them at Baby R Us, for some reason they work miracles when it comes to morning sickness!

Good luck :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_um-i-hope-the-dress-still-fits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:1861980b-6a43-4549-8f27-31fdaf143262Post:345753e1-5ace-4f75-8611-34ab848e5b3c">Re: Um, I hope the dress still fits!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am trying to figure out if I am allowed to get my hair dyed and a mani/pedi for the wedding!  Well, by figuring out I mean googling like crazy!
    Posted by adawn1981[/QUOTE]

<div>Hair dye is fine. The only reason I can think of avoiding a mani-pedi is because your skin/cuticles might be a little sensitive. Otherwise, there's no reason you can't, as long as the salon is well-ventilated.</div>
  • EEEEEE!!!  So exciting!!!  Congratulations!  FI would love to start trying but we've decided to wait until I've finished grad school.  I'm so easily distracted by my fur child, there's no telling how bad I'd be with a real child :-P 

Hawaii will be great for lounging.  The Aloha spirit is perfect for chillin and the locals over there is super protective of pregnant mothers and babies, haha.  If you tell anyone on your honeymoon they will just gush lol.
  • Ahh Congrats!!!!!  So fun!  I also second Orange and PPs that you should totallly announce at your wedding toast!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Congratulations!  What a beautiful surprise!!

• CONGRATS!!!!!

I think you'll definitely be fine..... if you can keep things down.  I was SOOOOOO sick in the beginning that I actually lost weight so you'll be set. 

Super excited for you guys!  Definitely see the doc before you start spilling the good news to everyone - I'm a superstitious type of person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Thank you all so much! Thank goodness for being able to tell you girls! It's going to be hard to keep quiet until after the doctor and until the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to make the very first nail appointment so that the salon wasn't filled with all the chemical smells like it is at the end of the day.  When I was pregnant 6 years ago, hair dye was a HUGE no-no at any stage, but that may have changed by now.  You can ask your OB when you call to make your appointment.

I definitely recommend something called Sea Bands.  I got them at Walgreens for about $10.  They're wrist bands that work with pressure points in your wrist, so they're non-medicated.  They're made for motion sickness but they REALLY help with morning sickness too.  I don't know how I would have lived without them.  I tried to go the natural route as much as I could and that was the best $10 I spent the entire pregnancy - especially since we wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone but my all-day sickness started around 4 weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_um-i-hope-the-dress-still-fits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:1861980b-6a43-4549-8f27-31fdaf143262Post:335ddb7c-a6e7-4b01-a345-ae83bd58d88d">Re: Um, I hope the dress still fits!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I definitely recommend something called Sea Bands.  I got them at Walgreens for about $10.  They're wrist bands that work with pressure points in your wrist, so they're non-medicated.  They're made for motion sickness but they REALLY help with morning sickness too. 
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I never got seasick but I sailed with a LOT of people that needed these.  They also said that they worked wonders!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards