April 2013 Weddings
Options

No cake?

Wtf? Our cake bakery just now called to refund my money because they are closing! They called today, two and a half weeks before the wedding to tell me no cake! Ugh! What the hell? So mad.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: No cake?

• Options
    Lame!  Did they give you any references, at least?  
  • Options
    Call around to every bakery and if those don't work try grocery stores but you would probably have to pick the cake up in that instance. Someone will get you in! Just may have to go with a simple design maybe. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Costco also does wedding cakes...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    Ugh, that's awful! Like others said, ask around at all the bakeries near you, and see what grocery stores could do too. Something will work out!!
  • Options
    That totally blows!!!!!!  Can you go onto your local board and ask for recommendations?  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone near Phoenix.  Sorry.  I hope you are able to find someone to fit you in.  Actually, I've had wedding cake from Costco and Sam's and they were both surprisingly  yummy and not plain at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    On the bright side at least they told you and gave you your money back. Sorry.
  • Options

That's terrible!  I would totally tell the other bakeries that your original bakery closed - play the sympathy card.  They'll also know that you're not just a flake and that this was all lined up!

White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_no-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:421740ef-a813-41cf-9540-bc2ea63fa9d2Post:2412b83c-b0b3-470f-8194-b794639fb179">Re: No cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the bright side at least they told you and gave you your money back. Sorry.
    Posted by melicifant[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is what they said - however the money is not in my account yet!

We are just going with grocery store or Costco.  I have an email into a grocery store with a great bakery and we will look at Costco tonight too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards