April 2013 Weddings

Recap!

It was amazing ladies!!!!
First the things that went wrong.  The tux shop forgot to put my husband's tie in his tux bag. Thankfully he noticed the night before the wedding and not when we were at the venue getting dressed that he had no tie! 14 out of 69 People RSVPd yes and did not show up.  Also, my makeup looked great, but my eyebrows were too dark and that bothered me a bit. The minister dropped my ring during the ceremony and the mic got some loud feedback. My sister - MOH showed up but forgot her shoes and she and my stepmom had to make a mad dash to Payless to get her new shoes. The cake was supposed to be cut into square shapes, but it was round. My mom was a nightmare. She fought with her boyfriend and pouted the whole night. She totally embarrased me in front of all of my guests, especially in in laws who were trying to talk to her, but she blew them off. I guess she was pissed that we didn't include her more. She was mad that I danced with my Dad and she said the wedding was supposed to be about the Bride and her Mom. Sorry Mom, the wedding day is about the Bride and the Groom!

But, even with all of that going on, it was the most beautiful magical day ever! The venue was gorgeous, the DJ had everyone dancing all night, even me and I don't dance! The photographer was great, everyone was great! We didn't even notice the cake being the wrong shape until the next day and it was so beautiful anyway that we did not even care. My sis got great shoes and was back in time. My eyebrows stayed dark, but everyone said I looked beautiful, so it didn't matter. My H gave a great toast and the guests all applauded and smiled when he announced that we are expecting a baby in December!! My Dad and I managed to walk down the aisle and dance together without having anxiety attacks, that was my main fear! One of my favorite memories was dancing with my Dad (again!) to a Social Distortion song  -we both love that band and it was a special moment! I could go on and on about how fun and beautiful it was, but I won't! Here are a few pics people took I hope to get the rest soon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Recap!

• Oh yeah, and it cooled off from 90 degrees to 77 degrees for us that day! It's back to 90 now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Awesome, congrats!!! Glad the little things didn't bring you down! You looked beautiful! Have fun in Hawaii as well!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look gorgeous! I'm so glad you enjoyed the day and are able to look back on it and love it, despite those setbacks. Huge congratulations to you and your husband! :):)
  • Congratulations, pictures are gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards