April 2013 Weddings

Movers

Well, all of my stuff is officially where it needs to be.  The movers finally showed up to deliver the remaining things tonight(Thursday) at 8:30, even though they were supposed to be here Wednesday morning.  So when they arrived, they went down the wrong road and had to spend about 45 minutes getting the truck on the right road.  When they finally got the truck in the right place they unloaded all of the stuff and then tried to leave.  The driver too the turn out of the driveway(a big u-shaped driveway) and ran his front tire off of the drop off.  Great.  He's stuck.  So he tried various maneuvers and ended up with a tire pinned against a tree.  Then he disconnected the truck from the trailer, thinking he could get a better angle.  Well then he was REALLY stuck.  

We had to get two tow trucks to finally get him out of there.  The tree got compeletely knocked over and killed and he broke the gate on the way out.  We have renters in the house right now, and they're getting married on Saturday.  Luckily, the truck is gone and we can have the mess(tree) cleaned up tomorrow before their wedding.  My wedding is there next weekend and I was just thinking how awesome the property would look with giant tire treads in the grass, NOT!  Thankfully it didn't come to that.  So, 5 hours later, it's time to pass out!!!

P.S. I WILL be sending pictures of the damage to the company and to the driver's idiot boss that ran him ragged and expected him to do 3 deliveries all over the state of NC in one day and be in Boston by the next morning.  Really dude?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards