April 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower recap!

Well, I don't have any pictures and it will probably be awhile before I do, so I figured I would just do a verbal recap before I forgot to.

I flew up to Pittsburgh and hung out with FILs without FI all weekend.  That was kind of weird and I kept thinking he would walk around the corner at any minute.  Anyway, his 92 year old grandmother was also there and she had fallen down the stairs a day or two before I arrived so she was pretty miserable the whole time and I'm 90% confident that she probably broke her rib when she did.  

So we spent Thursday and Friday getting all the food together and finalizing centeripieces and what not.  It was held Saturday, at FI's family's church and of course some of FMILs relatives showed up thirty minutes earlier than they were supposed to so we put them to work helping us unload the car.  There was a ton of stuff to unload, so that was nice.  We made all the food, desserts and drinks for 13 people and FMIL always makes too much so there was quite a bit to take back, also, because a few people couldn't make it at the last minute.

On the invites, FMIL encouraged guests to give me gift cards so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to fly back with a bunch of gifts, which I appreciated.  I'm sure some people side-eyed specific gift requests but she just kind of did it, without sending me a proof of the invitation to review before it was finalized.  Anyway, everyone gave me a gift card EXCEPT FMIL, FSIL and their mom/grandma, lol.  They gave me a few pieces of lingerie, which is fine, because I could easily pack that. FGMIL gave us a wine themed picnic basket, which is super cute, and FMIL will put it in their car for the drive down to the wedding.

Final thoughts: we had fun, I got a lot of gifts but I'm DEFINITELY not traveling for a baby shower in the future ;-)  They can come to me if they really want to be there, lol.  Luckily by then, I'll be able to use "the doctor doesn't want me to fly this late in the game and I'll be really uncomfortable in the car for 12/20 hours" (my parents are 12 hrs away, his are about a 20 hr drive from Tampa).

If I get pictures within the next year, I wlll try to remember to post them but it's not likely ;-)

Re: Bridal Shower recap!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards