Louisiana-New Orleans

I'm looking for a venue in New Orleans!!!

I'm trying to find somewhere to have a reception at that does not charge per person, But not a VFW hall.

Re: I'm looking for a venue in New Orleans!!!

• tishonetishone member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I'm trying to find somewhere to have a reception at that does not charge per person, But not a VFW hall.
  • ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2013
    I would try posting on your local boards to the left.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I'll move this over for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    The Opera Guild house charges a flat rental fee.  I'm sure there are others but that is all I know of off the top of my head.
  • Have you looked into the Foundry?  They have a minimum that you must meet, depending on when you have your reception.  Then you can work from there with the packages on the per person rates.  Or many of the outside NO places seem to do flat rates if I remember correctly, like The Balcony, Presidential Palace in Kenner.  Good luck :-)
  • I'm getting married in the LA State Museum.  It's beautiful and right in Jackson's Square.  Catering from Pigeon. Need to find flowers, though!
  • CLH33CLH33 member
    First Comment
    @tlc35 - Where is your venue? That photo looks gorgeous!
  • CLH-I'm pretty sure that is a photo of Rosy's Jazz Hall.
  • CLH33CLH33 member
    First Comment
    @ louisianablue  Thank you!
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to Re: I'm looking for a venue in New Orleans!!!:
    [QUOTE]CLH-I'm pretty sure that is a photo of Rosy's Jazz Hall.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is where it is.
  • Most places charge a per head count, but places that allow outside catering most likely just charge a rental fee then you bring in your outside vendors. However, keep in mind the venue will still charge you a per head for liquor. It's rare to find a venue that allows outside everything.
  • When I was looking around for a venue, I noticed most of them charged a per head count on top of a rental fee or just a flat rental fee but the place came with NOTHING! My advice is to find a venue in your budget and make it work. Decide what is important in your planning process- flat rate venues with no staff are so scary to me!
  • We used the Benachi House and it was a flat fee. We brought our own caterer and booze. It came with a set amount of tables and chairs as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards