Louisiana-New Orleans

CITY PARK, April 2014

I have Ralph's on the Park booked, and dreamed of having a City Park ceremony across the street, but I'm hearing from the park that another wedding booked our favorite spot on our day.  They can't give me any information, and I don't want to ruin someone else's ceremony if we just want to do wedding party photos in that area instead.  So if you booked the Peristyle on 4/12/2014, please email me.  They are giving us a photo permit, but not giving us details on what time you are going to be there (strangest event planners I have ever spoken with).  I guess the event planners don't care if we ruin your ceremony, but I do.

jpkp2014@gmail.com

Re: CITY PARK, April 2014

• When you pay to book the Peristyle, you get it for the whole day (9am-7pm according to the paperwork I have).  They likely haven't set up the time of the ceremony yet with the planners, or even if they have, since they have it for the whole day there would be no reason for the planners to tell you the time of the ceremony - the people who book it are free to do what they want there all day and they may need all that time to set up (plus that is private information just like the name and contact info for the couple).  I had my wedding there in January and we didn't have to finalize our ceremony time with them until a few weeks before the wedding.  They set it up pretty early in the day for us, so I would find an alternate location just in case. The Popp bandstand comes to mind.    Maybe you can do a first look earlier in the day at the Peristyle so you have some photos there? Or do your engagement photos there?
  • ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    PP has some really good points. Also, the permit is likely for all of CIty Park, they are not giving you an ok to go and crash in on the other bride and groom's site.nbsp;You can certainly try and go early in the day and if no one is there setting up then go for it, but if they are there already, you'll need an alternate location. They are not obligated to allow you to take pictures there when they have paid for the site rental.
  • I agree with what everyone else has said. I have the Peristyle booked this fall and we have it from 9am until 7pm. We didn't tell the City Park people (and they haven't asked) when we'll actually be using the space. We obviously won't be there all day, but the folks setting up the chairs, etc. are coming several hours in advance of our 5pm ceremony. I don't see any problem with going over there in the morning and taking pictures if there is nothing there, but I'd stay away if people are setting things up. I'd be pretty annoyed if I reserved the space and my people were delayed setting things up because someone else was there taking pictures. I'd be REALLY annoyed if someone was taking pictures there when my guests were there.
  • I may be too late - but you can get married anywhere in City Park, so long as it's not one of the spots that takes "reservations". Of course, that means a good friend, family member, or planner would need to arrive early enough to "save" the space, but I'm sure there would be many great options available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards