Michigan-Detroit

Wedding Photo Locations

I am getting married in Livonia, MI, but I am wondering if anybody knows of really pretty places to take photographs afterwards. Neither the church or the reception site have very many options outdoors to take photos.

I am open to the Livonia/Plymouth/Canton/Northville/Novi areas or anywhere else roughly 20 minutes away.

Can anybody help?! Please and Thank you!

Re: Wedding Photo Locations

• We are getting married in Plymouth and our reception is in Livonia.  We are planning on doing some photos in downtown plymouth...it is beautiful...and has really nice park too!
  • Check out Greenmead Village at the intersection of 8 Mile & Newburgh rd. It's a Livonia city park, open to the public from sunrise to sunset, and they have fabulous old buildings and a garden. We got married there and you can see the pictures here:

http://www.capturedbybrian.com/photos/kevinsuewedding/

We did a "first look" before our wedding at their chapel, and there was another couple taking pictures on the grounds while we were! It's an open park, no one has "dibs" on the grounds, LOL.
  • Mill Race Park in Northville is nice! Also, across the street from that is another park that has a little waterfall area you could go to (public park). We were going to take pictures there for our wedding but it was too windy and cold out so we ended up changing the location to indoors the day before the wedding! The only thing about Mill Race Park is we would have had to buy a $125 day permit to take pictures - and that is if there are no weddings there that day.

We did check out Greenmead because it is right down the street from our house, but because of the weather we have been having everything looked so dreary, as well as most of the places we were looking at. The good thing about Greenmead, like Sue said, is that no one has dibs!

I am standing up in a wedding in June and the bride plans on taking pictures in Northville, I will let you know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards