Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Friday!

Morning ladies!  I woke up to a ton of snow this morning and a SNOW DAY!  No school for me, so hopefully I can get some wedding stuff done.
We got our over fixed last night, YAY!  I can't remember if I told you all or not, but 2 days before Christmas it kid of caught on fire and blew up.  They told us it would be $400 to fix and we about fell off our chairs.  FI called the company and spoke to a wonderful woman who told us she'd play Santa and sent us the part for free!  It ended up only costing $60 to fix, though we've had to wait over 2 weeks.  It's hard to cook without an oven, but now it's back!
Have a great Friday:-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Haha, I was wondering where your GM post was! Smile Enjoy your snow day! We only got a dusting here. And that is great news about your oven- how generous of that lady!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning

I was out "sick" yesterday and in for a half day today.  i need to return some things to Crate and Barrel (I registered for very unique wine glasses at BBB and yet my firend who knew that insisted on buying me very plain and not my style ones at C&B.  Why?)

Glad to hear Empress D is ok although dealing with Mr. Crazy Gpa

Enjoy the snow day Heather!  Enjoy your evening to yourself Kim!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  TGIF...this week seemed so long after the short holiday weeks.

I'm jealousE of your day off, Heather!  DH just had a delay...he REALLY wanted a snow day too, haha. 

Nice to see you today, Colleen!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TGIF!!  I'm so glad it's finally Friday.  And that my next two weeks are 4 days. :) 

Not much going on today - just waiting for 4:00 to roll around. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    E--I love that it's 9 am and you're already waiting for 4 pm.  That's usually me.  Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just on WTAE's website seeing how bad the weather was in Pgh....lots of cancellations! Stay safe everyone!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TGIF for sure! I just made it in to work - almost 2 hours later than my usual time. Even after waiting so long, they SILL hadn't plowed my neighborhood (as soon as the schools decide to close, I think PennDot figures they don't have to clear the side roads). Anyhow, so here I am, and so ready for the weekend to start!

Side note: DH left for that work meeting in Buffalo, NY yesterday. Who wants to bet that he won't be making it back this evening as planned? I heard that the lake areas got 4+ feet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there. The roads aren't bad from what I saw (which wasn't too much since I take the bus), but it is SO cold.

I'm jealousE, too, Heather. Have a great day off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for Friday, Boo for having to work at 6:30am tomorrow and Sunday.

I am sporting my snow boots today, not overly "cute" but practical as I have to run all over campus today! 

Have a great day girls!  JealousE of those who have delays and cancellations!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second M- its freezing cold outside!

Ihave a pile of work on my desk right now (and a random penny someone must have thought was funny) and I sooo do not want to do any of it. Hence why I'm on the knut! always a good past time!

roads werent too bad, although I missed my Macy's event thing last night because of them- oh well, "free gift" was a wine opener (lame!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I'm working from home today because of the snow. Its not bad (at all!) but my boss said if her kids got a 2-hour delay she would be working from home, and we all could as well. My car is completely covered so I'm guessing we got about 2 or 3 inches.

No big plans this weekend. DH and I are heading to Ikea tomorrow to buy this (in black-brown):

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675

We have huge walls because we have a loft condo, so I think it will look great! I'm excited for more organization, not so excited to put it together :)

TGIF!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jen - My Dh just got that but only a 4 square sized one in a birch wood color. I love it!  And it wasn't that bad to put together, he said, but then again, yours will be much bigger. :P
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen, I've been eying up that bookcase! I actually want to put 2-3 of them in a row along the wall of my craft room, because I need more storage :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Molly - good to know! To be honest, I'll probably just supervise DH putting it together/yelling at pieces of wood.

Jenn - it would be perfect for a craft room! We need storage for our main room, but we don't want it to look cluttered, so I thought this shelf (+ the canvas drawers) was a good fix :) I hate living and a condo with practically zero storage space!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to IKEA tomorrow too.  :)

I love that bookcase.  BIL and SIL have it as a room separator between their dining area and living room and other friends have it for storage in their dining room.  Good pick!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies. It is super cold, and I am not looking forward to trying to find my car under all the snow. I think not moving since Tuesday morning was a poor choice.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn- I am jealousE of your craft room!  I sooo wish I had one.  All of my scrapbook stuff it stuffed in a chest and when I work on crafts it's in the kitchen.  I have to do it when FI isn't home or else he's in there spilling stuff on my paper, scissors, etc.  GRRR. 
    That bookcase is great!  We may have to look into getting one like it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh- I like that shelf a lot! Very versatile!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heart IKEA.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Summer - that was one of the best things when we bought our house - an unfinished room halfway between the main floor and the basement (it's off of a landing on the stairs down to the basement). We drywalled and will be putting in "real" flooring (it's concrete now), but I've already got my craft tables and such down there. It's nice to have "my" space.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all!  I Zumba'd last night and thought of you who do it in Pittsburgh :) Also went to a fun get-together for the BCS Championship game with some friends- ahh, not enough sleep!

Haha, FI has that bookcase too in the black-brown color- we love it!

Heather, lucky you with a snow day, and even luckier you that the oven is fixed, and so cheaply!  That's awesome.

Stay safe in the snow everyone!  My mom said it took her two hours to get home last night, yuck!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards