Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Betsy's Barn

We're going to look at Betsy's Barn tomorrow morning, and I was wondering if anyone has had or been to a wedding there. We want an outdoor location but Armstrong Farms and others are quite expensive. This seems like a good alternative but I'm kind of concerned about logistics (setting up, getting our own alcohol, having servers, etc).

Re: Betsy's Barn

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in May. I am sending you a private message :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• flutterbride1flutterbride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to hear what you find out about Betsey's Barn.  I can't find anyone who has been there and I am also interested. 
  • shay1051shay1051 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! We went to visit it today, and it looked really nice. The owners seemed pretty laid back and were willing to entertain any ideas we had. I like that we can bring our own alcohol as that would keep costs down, and also be able to bring home the leftovers.

I have a better feeling about it now that we've visited. Hopefully, we've found our venue!
  • smagdasmagda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Just saw this message as I was searching for photo opportunities in the area...I am having my wedding next summer (August 4th) at Betsys and couldn't be more thrilled to have it there (it's amazing...and you have to see it at night....and at sunset!) They have been great to work with so far....and the prices are very reasonable!
    Good luck! And happy wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there that was stunning. Not at all what I expected from a barn... she did lots of light pink and candles, which made for an elegant environment. Food was about average, and it got pretty hot in June, but there is definitely a lot of good!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_betsys-barn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:5c69854b-cec1-4c47-922b-5cff83b62c1cPost:d4b2622c-a184-42f9-8477-7714502bd091">Re: Betsy's Barn</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding there in May. I am sending you a private message :)
    Posted by Beth0413[/QUOTE]
    I am thinking about using this venue, can a bride message me and let me know how their experience was?? <div>
    </div><div>Thank You, </div><div>Chelsea</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards