Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Inviting Coworkers

I am planning on inviting a group of coworkers. I'm a teacher and want my team to come to the wedding. Is it proper etiquette to invite their significant others even if I've never met them? Thanks for your input! I'm just not sure if I'm obligated to invite them, too!

Re: Inviting Coworkers

• Options
    It would be rude not to invite their SO, you are most definitely obligated to invite them.

• Options
    Yes, you should invite SO's of your coworkers.  You don't split social units, even if you've never met the "other half".
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation too.  I would like to invite some co-workers to my wedding, but I don't know their significant others, nor do I know their names.  Do I need to find out the names of their significant others and list their names as well on the invitations, or can I address the invitations to "[my co-worker] and guest"?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-coworkers-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ecd2152-a84f-497e-a568-70a09b15a5e9Post:7d89278c-2e57-43ac-b8aa-bbeff7fd7bf1">Re: Inviting Coworkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in a similar situation too.  I would like to invite some co-workers to my wedding, but I don't know their significant others, nor do I know their names.  Do I need to find out the names of their significant others and list their names as well on the invitations, or can I address the invitations to "[my co-worker] and guest"?
    Posted by jessiwyn[/QUOTE]

You need to find out their names.

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Of course you invite them, and you invite them by name. You don't ask people to come to an event to celebrate love and unity and then not allow them to bring the ones they are in love and united with. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-coworkers-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ecd2152-a84f-497e-a568-70a09b15a5e9Post:bc08f2e0-641c-46bc-82db-b4faf9e20524">Inviting Coworkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning on inviting a group of coworkers. I'm a teacher and want my team to come to the wedding. Is it proper etiquette to invite their significant others even if I've never met them? Thanks for your input! I'm just not sure if I'm obligated to invite them, too!
    Posted by emcclellan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SOs have to be included in invitations even if you don't know or like them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards