Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

XP because the Etiquette gals have all the good advice - shoes for outdoor wedding

Apologies for the cross post, but you guys have helped me on basically all of my wedding issues!! Our ceremony is outside, and between that and our photos I have to find shoes that won't sink into the grass. Did anyone find nice heels that did the trick?

Re: XP because the Etiquette gals have all the good advice - shoes for outdoor wedding

• Options
    Lots of people recommend Solemates. Wedges can give more stability, too. I just wore regular heels (entire wedding was outside) and didn't have any trouble. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_xp-because-the-etiquette-gals-have-all-the-good-advice-shoes-for-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:846b0189-5ffa-4a2e-8aeb-662ad6f4115dPost:84361973-73b5-4c16-be7f-92980f117154">XP because the Etiquette gals have all the good advice - shoes for outdoor wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apologies for the cross post, but you guys have helped me on basically all of my wedding issues!! Our ceremony is outside, and between that and our photos I have to find shoes that won't sink into the grass. Did anyone find nice heels that did the trick?
    Posted by TheBaysideBride[/QUOTE]

Our ceremony is outside in the grass.  I'm just going to wear pretty flats.  My dress is long anyway and I really don't think anyone will see my feet much anyway.  The only way I could see wearing heels is if I had found a pair of wedges. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Go with wedges if you need some height.

I was a bridesmaid in a outdoor wedding (ceremony with WP standing on grass the whole time). We all just about died as there was no stability and we had to keep shifting our weight and yanking our heels out of the dirt. Even those who wore sole mates or heel protectors sunk in.

It was so bad that the MOH even pulled her shoes off during the recessional!
  • Options
    Here are all the wedding wedges listed on Zappos.

Clicky
  • Options
    OliveOil'sMom - thank you!! so many options!!!
  • Options
    I wore Franco Sarto Harlow wedges in white.   They were SO comfortable. I lasted all night.  I also liked that they were white patent leather so it wouldn't get stained by the grass. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'd also agree with wedges. I went to two outdoor weddings in the past two years (one on a lawn, one on the beach) and the wedges were great for both. Gives you a heel/height without any problems of sinking in because the weight is more distributed.
  • Options
    I'm also getting married outdoors and have just elected to wear flats. I got a cute paid of Kate Spade flats in our wedding color. It just seem easier to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards