Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Vendor?

I suppose this depends on the facility, but how far ahead have you booked a vendor? I have the month of August off and I'd like to get the reception venue booked. Or at least look at venues.

Obviously, I'll survive if it can't be done. It would just feel good to actually DO something lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor?

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like you said, I think it depends on the vendor and when they release their availability calendars for future years.  Our engagement will have been just over 11 months by our wedding day, and we booked our reception venue and church within a week of being engaged, then our photographer, videographer, DJ, and florist followed shortly thereafter (within the next month or two).

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our engagement was 15 months long (oct '08-jan '10).

we booked the venue in january;
    the florist in march;
    the dj in april or may;
    florist in june;
    limo in august.

it does depend on their calendar availability, but if you can get it all done in august...have at it! :)
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    August puts us 20ish months out from the wedding. I'm definitely not trying to plan the whole thing in August, haha.

Maybe it's worth a shot...I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will say that a lot of venues (churches and reception venues) and photographers book up early, so go ahead and try to get those done at least!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DH and I had a long engagement (2 years and 7 months)- we booked the reception hall 1 year and 5 months out, then didn't start booking other vendors until the year mark. We had almost everything booked by 11 months out, except for the ceremony musicians didn't get booked until 3 months out due to a last minute change of plans. As pp said, it depends on how early vendors let you book- everyone is different. I've heard brides say that a certain vendor wouldn't even meet with them until the year mark (I think it was a florist). It doesn't hurt to look, whether you can book now or have to wait a bit.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked my photographer yesterday and that was the last of my vendors.  So I have: Hall, Church, DJ, Photographer and Florist booked with 15 months to go! 

The Hall, Photographer and Florist all had other brides looking into the same date, so I had to jump on them ASAP.

HTH.  When is your date?

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards