Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Gluten Free cake

I, and a few others in my family, have Celiac disease... meaning no wheat or anything with gluten in it... aka, wedding cakes.  I was wondering if anyone in the Pittsburgh area knows of a place that will make a tasty gluten free wedding cake.  I don't want to have one small separate one, I'd rather the whole thing be GF and it's not like anyone's left out.

Thanks!

Re: Gluten Free cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any place specifically, but I feel like this shouldn't be too hard to find. You may have to pay extra, but GF is pretty popular now, so I'm sure any bakery would be fine with your request.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! My grandfather also has celiac disease and I go to a bakery called Gluuteny for him all the time. Its located in Squirrel Hill, right next to the Giant Eagle. Their baked good are incredible. He's been gluten free for 35 years and we have never found a better bakery for him. I get his birthday cake there every year. They do wedding cakes!

http://www.gluuteny.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just read an article about GF Cake! http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38474741/ns/today-foodwine/

I found the Gluuteny in Squirrel Hill doing a google search.

GL!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live right by Gluuteny and I go there alll the time. I'm not even GF.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I will certainly be checking them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards