New Jersey
Options

DJ recommendations please?

Hello fellow brides! Can any of you beauty's recommend DJ services in northern NJ (the Bergen County area)? 

And perhaps tell me about your custom package and price? I found a DJ that I loved but he wanted $4,500 for a VERY basic package and although I'm not a budget bride, I just can't see myself spending that much money on my DJ (but I know you get what you pay for!).

Thanks, ladies! xo

Re: DJ recommendations please?

• Options
    Our DJ is Austin from Elite Sound Entertainment in Saddle Brook. My friend booked with this company for her wedding and we didn't leave the dance floor all night. They were fantastic. We booked the DJ for 6 hours (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception), full room uplighting, and a photobooth for less than the price you were quoted. 

• Options
    That's awesome! I work right next to Saddle Brook so I'll definitely go check them out, thank you so much!
  • Options
    I used Premier Entertainment in Carlstadt, NJ. I paid less than that and had uplighting, a monogram, a percussionist, and a violinist provided by them for cocktail hour. I was very pleased with them!
  • Options
    I second Elite Sound. I spoke with a bunch of DJs and went with DJ Jay G. Second choice for me was Posh but the DJ I met with had a slightly arrogant attitude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Contact Justin from VenueAudio. For ceremony, cocktail, and reception music, plus uplighting and a monogram, he quoted me around $2400. And because I was lloking to book more than a year in advance, he offered to knock the price down further. We ended up gong with Chuck Russo. He doesn't do lighting, but is a great dj and we have seen him at a few weddings. He is very reasonable, and his personality was a great match for us. If you're interested in lighting, he does have an exclusive lighting vendor that he works with.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I booked with POSH Entertainment.  Originally supposed to meet with Mikey B.  As we walked in he got a call for a wedding on our date.  We would up meeting with LIL Cee from 92.3.  Such a nice down to earth guy.  We felt very comfortable with him and booked him on the spot.

If you decide to check him out PM me.  They run promotions for referrals and such.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We are using Paul Anthony Entertainment.  He's doing our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, montage and monogram.  He also does lighting but we are getting a lighting package through our ceremony.  He's out of Short Hills, but does a ton of weddings in Bergen (ours is in Bergen County also.)

We priced out Elite, but they were more than PAE, so we went with him.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ObraxtonObraxton member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    John Kutenits , jkentertainment33yahoo.com 6094102522 I had a ball with this young guy. He provided uplighting, a GOBO light, flat screen photo slide show, excellent music that kept the party going. He was even a helping hand here there. Highly professional, I believe he has an ad on this site. Google his website. You wont be disappointed!
  • Options
    1-800 JAM Music!  

We met some other DJ's who were very arrogant and expensive!!.  After our first meeting with JAM we knew immediately we wanted to book with them before we even finalized the cost.  We ended up spending about half as much as the price you quoted in your post.  Pay cash if you can - always helps with the negotations :)

They were one of my favorite vendors to work with.  Always professional, courteous, returned all our calls and emails,  and did a great job during the wedding!  We had ceremony music, piano player for cocktail hour, dj for reception, live percussionist, photobooth, additional uplighting, photo montage, and a gobo.

• Options
    You guys are great, thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    I haven't finalized location or date but I'm hoping Rob from Colorblind Productions will be available when I do.  He did 2 of my cousin's weddings and they were great!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_dj-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:b5d99030-57a6-49e5-b10e-30d451fc2ac3Post:44b4c2e0-a228-4658-8169-52c2147f3a7b">DJ recommendations please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow brides! Can any of you beauty's recommend DJ services in northern NJ (the Bergen County area)?  And perhaps tell me about your custom package and price? I found a DJ that I loved but he wanted $4,500 for a VERY basic package and although I'm not a budget bride, I just can't see myself spending that much money on my DJ (but I know you get what you pay for!). Thanks, ladies! xo
    Posted by SMClark23[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>$4500 for a DJ??? That's ridiculous!!</div>
  • Options
    Mike Chieffo from DJMC! He is one of the best in the business, with years of experience and a really sweet and fun personality. He has different packages starting at $1395 to $1995 with lots of additional options. Read his reviews! Everyone single one raves about him. I'm  super excited to have him for my wedding!
  • Options
    I agree about Venueaudio. Justin was great to work with and was awesome at my wedding. Very low priced too
  • Options
    We're using Mystical Entertainment in Nutley. I don't think even their most extravagant package is as much as what you were quoted! The guys have been great to work with and are very accomodating.
  • Options
    These aren't in your area but they will work with anyone in the state and are very accomodating. Elite Entertainment from South Jersey is great you can view all their dj's work online and they have showcase shows often. I used them for my first wedding and had dominic and went to a wedding where tom monaco was the dj and both times the dance floor was packed the dj/mc's were funny and respectable and worked the crowd. They have winter pricing which is nice too so prices are even cheaper.

I would have used them again because their pricing is good but my fiance wanted to go with a friend of his that is a dj and I wanted more say in the photographer and videographer department so I let him have it. So we are going with Jimmy Hemp Productions from Kearny and we are looking forward to working with him. So check out either.
  • Options
    http://thismagicmomentnj.com/
    DJ Adam is great! Been to a couple of friends weddings that had him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_dj-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b5d99030-57a6-49e5-b10e-30d451fc2ac3Post:44b4c2e0-a228-4658-8169-52c2147f3a7b">DJ recommendations please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow brides! Can any of you beauty's recommend DJ services in northern NJ (the Bergen County area)?  And perhaps tell me about your custom package and price? I found a DJ that I loved but he wanted $4,500 for a VERY basic package and although I'm not a budget bride, I just can't see myself spending that much money on my DJ (but I know you get what you pay for!). Thanks, ladies! xo
    Posted by SMClark23[/QUOTE]

I'm using Mystical Entertainment in Nutley, NJ check out their website www. partiesbyme.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards