Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Show Reccomendations?

Hi Knotties!
I need your help. FI and I have decided to spend an extra night in Vegas and I'm looking at getting tickets to a show. I've heard fabulous things about LOVE and I found a coupon that would make the tickets $60 a piece. Would you ladies recommend it or is there another show that would be better?  FI will pretty much see anything I buy tickets for, but is really into stand up comedy. Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Show Reccomendations?

• Options
    Love was amazing!!! we loved it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love is a MUST see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for Love!

Best seats are not floor seats either. Sit higher up so you can see the entire stage and aerialists.
  • Options

We love Love!! We saw it twice. I would nearly see it again even!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Huge fan of LOVE, have seen it twice and plan to again in June!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I slept through part of LOVE.  I enjoyed O and KA way more than LOVE.
  • Options

We saw Le Reve and Blue Man Group and I'd definitely recommend those.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I fell asleep during Love; not a Beatles fan and once you've seen three or four Cirque shows they all look the same lol.

In a couple weeks we're going to see Jersey Boys for the third time and Absinthe, Anthony Cools adult hypnosis show and Mike Hammer for the first time.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    These are the shows we have seen:

Criss Angel (loved)
    Xtreme Magic Dirk Arthur (not sure if he's still performing at Tropicana, but was ok)
    Anthony Cools Hynosis (loved)
    Zumanity (loved)
    Legends in Concert  (was just okay. Not great, but not totally bad)
    Peepshow (Holly's not there anymore, so not sure how it is now, but enjoy it-Josh sings amazing)
    Fantasy (loved)
    The Ultimate V Variety Show  (Fun show, really enjoyed it, had us cracking up)
    The Mentalist  (sucked, sucked bad)
    Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis  (loved. Had us in tears laughing)
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We really liked LOVE, but then again, we are Beatles fans.  We are actually taking our families to see LOVE a few days before our wedding as we think the older folks will enjoy it.  As for other shows, I really enjoyed Absinthe (but I would NOT take my mother to it, as it is racy).  It was funny and the space is small so you can see everything. 

When we were in Vegas last weekend, we got free tickets to see the show Human Nature at the Venetian.  Initially I was like, "meh, not really interested but it's free so why not?"  But we were pleasantly surprised and LOVED the show.  Human Nature is a group of 4 singers from Australia who sing Motown music.   Apparently they are a big deal in Australia and have had top hits of their own down there.   The show is produced by Smokey Robinson and they are super talented.  They sing all of the Motown hits from the 1960s.  The live band they have is really amazing.  Overall, it felt very much like "vintage" Vegas going to see a live band and singers. The crowd really gets into the show, singing along, etc. 

I only mention it because if anyone has parents going to Vegas for their weddings, it is a great show to recommend to them (that is, if they enjoy Motown music).   FI and I were by far the youngest in the room but we had a great time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your help guys! The hubby-to-be and I have never seen a Cirque show so I think I'm going to buy the tickets to LOVE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_show-reccomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a5469248-aa1b-431f-a922-ae06baad33a7Post:a091c870-c015-4297-a1c9-f5588b2461b1">Re: Show Reccomendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all of your help guys! The hubby-to-be and I have never seen a Cirque show so I think I'm going to buy the tickets to LOVE.
    Posted by Vanity8685[/QUOTE]

Unless you're Beatles fans, for your husband's sake, I'd recommend Ka over Love for your first Cirque show; liked that a lot more from a guy perspective.  Maybe Zumanity.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards