Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

number on my guestlist

I know there's a certain percentage that won't come, normally, but i'm still worried. my dad is renting only 140 chairs because the tent wil get tight if we have any more... there's 150 on our guest list... thoughts?

Re: number on my guestlist

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_number-on-my-guestlist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9cc78c0d-0ab8-4997-ab4f-9ae978245641Post:5c6624e3-ad7e-4e5e-8c1f-b68945b8c2a2">number on my guestlist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know there's a certain percentage that won't come, normally, but i'm still worried. my dad is renting only 140 chairs because the tent wil get tight if we have any more... there's 150 on our guest list... thoughts?
    Posted by Tigersbballgal[/QUOTE]

You need to have accomodations for everyone.

Also, keep in mind that people generally like some space to move around (i.e. not wanting to fill up a row of chairs entirely)

Can you contribute some money for a larger tent and/or more chairs versus just relying on your dad?
  • Options
    If 140 is all that can fit comfortably, you need to cut people from your guest list.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You need to plan on 100% attendance.  Many brides on these boards invite more people than they can really accomodate thinking that people won't come, and end up with a venue that is too small, or not enough chairs or not enough money in the budget to properly host their guests.

Plan on 150 if that's how many you invited. If you haven't sent out invites yet, cut 10 people from your guest list.
  • Options
    Plan on 100% attendance until you get your RSVPs back.  You should have time to confirm the final number for chairs and such after the RSVP date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards