Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

I can't decide!!

So I've narrowed it down to two dresses. They are very similar to each other and I'm really torn. My future inlaws are coming out to visit us this weekend, so I'm gong to take FMIL to try them both on again. Hopefully, I'll be able to choose one. Let me know what you guys think...

First one is from Priscilla of Boston:
http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=1&sfid=50695&f5=VY

Except, I wouldn't get the bow on it. Instead, I would wear a sparkly belt at the waist.

Second is from the in-house designer for a boutique downtown:

Except, the skirt is much fuller, like the one from POB. Not sure why it looks so flat on the mannequin. Which do you like better?

Re: I can't decide!!

• edited December 2011
    Both are beautiful but, my vote is for #1. Seems to have a bit more of glam factor and is a little more refined.

Such hard choices in life :-)

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm...I kind of liked number 2!  I am not a fan of the bow on the first.
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I think they are both great... But I think the real reason I love number one is because of the bow. So without it, I think I vote for number 2!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My vote is #1!  Although I actually like the bow - it gives it character, but bows and flowers are more of my style than the sparkle.  You're right though that they are very similar, esp if you don't have the bow and wear a sparkly belt.  Tough choice!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like the silhouette of the 2nd one better, however the material looks better on the first one. But overall they are similar IMO (if you are adding the beaded belt).

Is there a difference in material? price? How experienced is your in-house designer? Just questions that come to mind for me when comparing them.

GL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful dresses - my vote is for #2!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big fan of Priscilla of Boston, so I vote #1!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are both beautiful! But my vote is for #2! It's very classic and elegant... However, they both have a very similar silhouette so I don't think you can go wrong! Is there a drastic price difference? Great choices :)
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote # 2 as well, but I think they are both nice and pretty similar.  Did you try on a belt with the first dress?  How well does the belt go with the first dress - does it look like it belongs there/is part of the dress?  That would be my only concern with dress #1, since the belt definitely "fits" with the overall look of dress #2 in the picture you show.

Either one will be a great choice.  Let us know what you choose!
  • alainn15alainn15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one, but it might be because it is similar in many ways to my dress.

• edited December 2011
    I like #2! The only thing I am drawn to on #1 is the pockets! If my dress would have had pockets, I'd have been in heaven! But #2 is very elegant and classy. I am a big fun of simple but classy.
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    Always go for the pockets. It is great to have somewhere to put your weed.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_cant-decide?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:627f26ac-0846-4854-96d7-f269a797d4f1Post:9c1ff7af-200b-4a15-b279-9797229621c5">Re: I can't decide!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Always go for the pockets. It is great to have somewhere to put your weed.
    Posted by Thrice_Divorced[/QUOTE]
    HAHAHAHA Thrice, that was awesome.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Sternbug721Sternbug721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha thanks for the input!! no, there is no large price difference. they are very similar in price. #2 has pockets as well!! although i don't think i'll be keeping weed in there ;)

i think i'm leaning towards #2. we did try to add a belt to #1, but you couldn't completely remove the bow from the sample gown, so it was difficult to see exactly how it would look. this is the main reason i'm leaning towards #2. thanks for all of your help!!
  • dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love #2!!  It's gorgeous!!
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
  • alainn15alainn15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I removed the bow from mine once I picked it up. I am also adding somethng around the waist, allthough it will probably be wider than just a belt.
  • edited December 2011
    I vote for #2!! but they are both gorgeous!!

Do you have any pictures of you in them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards