Wedding Invitations & Paper

Glossy or Matte Postcards

I bought a printable design from etsy for my bridal shower thank you's and was going to use my 50 free prints from shutterfly. Then I realized they only offer glossy or matte which I am nervous about. 

Does anyone have experience with glossy or matte and could offer advice on which would work better? 

Or offer advice on a super cheap printing option online

Thanks!

Re: Glossy or Matte Postcards

• Personally I prefer matte. I don't like reflective paper.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_glossy-or-matte-postcards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b7e3aad5-1a17-4d10-95fd-82d74ff7b317Post:d35ec368-4753-4c26-b3d8-b831916ef148">Glossy or Matte Postcards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought a printable design from etsy for my bridal shower thank you's and was going to use my 50 free prints from shutterfly. Then I realized they only offer glossy or matte which I am nervous about.  Does anyone have experience with glossy or matte and could offer advice on which would work better?  Or offer advice on a super cheap printing option online Thanks!
    Posted by cartera3[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I prefer matte.  I also prefer traditional cards for thank yous, not postcards as I like my thoughts to the person to remain private and not open for people to see. 

</div>
  • Matte.  It just looks more finshed/refined/professonal/whatever you want to call it.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • H and I used our free prints from Shutterfly to include in the invitations.  We ordered matte.  I much prefer it to glossy.  Glossy is just so shiny and fingerprints and scratches show easier on them.
  • I've seen Wedding Paper Divas (partner company of Shutterfly) matte invites in person and they're really nice. Go matte. For modern designs glossy doesn't look right, IMO.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_glossy-or-matte-postcards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b7e3aad5-1a17-4d10-95fd-82d74ff7b317Post:d35ec368-4753-4c26-b3d8-b831916ef148">Glossy or Matte Postcards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought a printable design from etsy for my bridal shower thank you's and was going to use my 50 free prints from shutterfly. Then I realized they only offer glossy or matte which I am nervous about.  Does anyone have experience with glossy or matte and could offer advice on which would work better?  Or offer advice on a super cheap printing option online Thanks!
    Posted by cartera3[/QUOTE]

To be honest with you I chose Matte for a postcard. It would look more original. Congrats!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards