Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

If your FI is wearing a suit instead of a tux...

where is he getting it from??

FI is clueless, and since we live in separate states, I can't help him much.  Funny story: he told me the other day he and a groomsment went shopping to find suits and found 3-4 they like.  I was like, great, what's the brand/model #?  And he was like, oh we didnt write those down but at least we found some options, right? Ugh.

Re: If your FI is wearing a suit instead of a tux...

• Options
    keystoneXOXOkeystoneXOXO member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is def passing on the tux. We're just not that formal, plus when you get married in the middle of the woods, ha, a tux is a little out of place!

I actually found this website for him that I've read about in a couple of places - http://www.indochino.com/ (clicky). They actually custom make suits based on his specific measurements, are seriously affordable, and have some pretty cool personalization options. We haven't actually ordered anything from there yet, but based on their guarantee, I'm not worried about the fit!

If all else fails, we'll probably hit up J. Crew.
    Craig and Alix 2013 Fallingwater Wedding
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend ... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance wants to go the suit route too, so I'd be interested to hear what people have to say.

Mdphd - I laughed out loud at the last part of your post. That is such a guy thing.
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do Men's Wearhouse and wait for a two for one deal. Him and his groomsmen are going to wear the same suit with different ties.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the suit!

Tuxedo Junction is where we got ours!  They had an incredible Labor Day deal - rent for 59 bucks!  So we took advantage of that.  The suit isn't the EXACT color we were looking for, but it's a slimmer fit which we defintiely wanted.  Here's the link!

• Options
    heb557heb557 member
    edited December 2011
    We went with the Alfani Slim Fit from Macy's in grey.Such a nice suit.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Tara5384Tara5384 member
    edited December 2011
    We went with the same ones as heb557, with a matching vest.  We had planned on doing the Men's Wearhouse but FI ended up liking the one at Macy's and we had a coupon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No help on the suit front, but I just have to say that I laughed really hard at the last part of your post. LOL, guys have no clue what to do for weddings.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My partner has already said he doesn't want to wear a tux.  Since he wears a suit sometimes for work it makes sense for him to buy a new suit for the wedding, and then be able to use it for work.  Plus we just aren't that fancy.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    edited December 2011
    We bought the guys suits from Macy's in Monroeville. They were really helpful with picking out the right style for our affair, as well as shipping the suits to the guys out of state for free. We had the alterations done at Jack's, but only because the timeline was short.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards