May 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower -- Share Yours!

Did everyone have their bridal showers yet, if you're having one? What was yours like? Where was it held? Who was there? What kind of gifts did you get? etc. 

Share any pics if you have them :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bridal Shower -- Share Yours!

• Options
    hi! Havent had mine yet but it will be next weekend at a small local winery! its a surpise with all the other details. I will have to come back and let you all know how it goes =)
    JUNE SIGGY- =)Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haven't had min yet either.. I am probably one of the last ones mine is May 5th.. ekkkk But as pp said it is at a winery too and I am super excited.. my mom and aunt checked it out today and they said it is perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Mine was in February. It was a really, really nice time. My mom and my MOH threw it and it was a surprise at a restaurant. My mom, and grandmom, my aunts and cousins on my mom's, dad's, and stepdad's side, FI's mom, Grandmom, aunt's and cousins and my friends were all there. We got a ton of gifts from our registry and a few that we didn't register for as well. It took kind of a while to open them all but my MOH was very organized and that help speed up the process.

• Options
    jennifer brito -- That's so exciting! A winery sounds like a beautiful place to have a bridal shower. Come back and tell us about it.

pittpoint -- You're so lucky, your bridal shower will be gorgeous.

rdr -- That sounds so nice. It's great to have people you love sharing thaat moment with you. 

• Options
    My shower was a surprise as well and my MOH and my mom hosted it at a restaurant. My dad created this whole scheme to surprise me and I had abosultely no idea. My mom took me across the street to buy a dress for the shower right after I got there. My grandma was there, aunts, cousins and a few friends. We had so much fun and it was a beautiful spring day. I got a couple things off my registry and few that weren't. My favorite gift was the beautiful bouquet of white roses that my grandma got me. And there was a delicious sweet table that my dad thought I'd like :)
  • Options
    my shower is today im so excited it is a suprise but my mom had to make sure i was off work so she told me but no one knows i know about it. I can put on a good show of being suprised.lol i wish time would go faster i am getting anxiose waiting to go .lol also with working and my crazy 4 yr old i dont usually look the nicest as inmy hair being done. So i wanted to make sure my hair was nice.
  • Options
    My shower is April 20th at a restaurant. We have a private room. I gave my sister about 65 people to invite. I expect about 40 will attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_bridal-shower-share-yours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:82d223e1-ffb8-4b4c-937e-a66e07dd81c0Post:c9471f85-80cc-4419-a2a5-9e2ac5d2a551">Re: Bridal Shower -- Share Yours!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my shower is today im so excited it is a suprise but my mom had to make sure i was off work so she told me but no one knows i know about it. I can put on a good show of being suprised.lol i wish time would go faster i am getting anxiose waiting to go .lol also with working and my crazy 4 yr old i dont usually look the nicest as inmy hair being done. So i wanted to make sure my hair was nice.
    Posted by jamie6969[/QUOTE]

<div>How did your shower go?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_bridal-shower-share-yours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:82d223e1-ffb8-4b4c-937e-a66e07dd81c0Post:ce13d669-f74f-4ae1-99af-5ed66b3638a7">Re: Bridal Shower -- Share Yours!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shower is April 20th at a restaurant. We have a private room. I gave my sister about 65 people to invite. I expect about 40 will attend.
    Posted by ameliah19[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow you have so many people coming to your shower! That's so nice.</div>
  • Options
    My first shower is this Saturday. Lingerie themed. My cousin is hosting at her house. The rest is a surprise. Guest list is about 20
    4/14 is our couple's shower, a couple friend from church are hosting at their house. It is a "pounder party" stock the pantry with a pound of something. Guest list is under 15
    4/28 is my last shower. It is held at a wine bar. I am so excited. Guest list is about 20

Only dups in guest lists are our 5 sisters, moms, and grandmas.
  • Options
    I had mine on March 24th.  My bestfriend came down from Florida the throw it for me.  We had it at the Hampton Inn and it was so much fun.  It was tea party themed.  Everyone wore big floppy hats and feather boas.  We had a photobooth and everyone had a blast taking silly pics.  I believe there were about 30 people and to me that was just perfect. 
  • Options
    My shower is this coming Saturday... with the bachelorette party that evening (MOH had planned it that way since all of my BMs are from OOT.. unfortunately, none of them are actually coming to the bachelorette party.. just the shower, but at least I'll get to see them for some of the day!) *SO* excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • Options
    My shower was yesterday. I was kind of fretting because there wasn't anything purchased off of our registries. Turns out my family doesn't like to say what they have purchased. Surprisingly, we only got a few duplicates. All in all it was a great party. My aunt, who is also my god mother, hosted it and the food was delicious cooked by my uncle. DF's family is going to host us a couples shower, but it probably won't be until after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My shower was March 24th at a restaurant, and I was soooo surprised my cousin got me there with this fake story that I fell for. It was a Sunday so I wasn't prepared had on sweats no make up or anything!! My mom brought clothes for me to change into and makeup was thrown on me!! But everything was great there was about 40 people a mix of family and friends.  It was amazing couldn't of had a better day, we got a lot of stuff we wanted a few things that weren't on our registry!
  • Options
    My Bridal Shower and bachelorette Party are this weekend and I cant wait!!!!!

I'll be sure to tell ya all about it when I get back!!!!!!

Deanna
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_bridal-shower-share-yours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:82d223e1-ffb8-4b4c-937e-a66e07dd81c0Post:ede08a28-9573-44de-ba8e-1542f79ba677">Re: Bridal Shower -- Share Yours!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Shower -- Share Yours! : How did your shower go?
    Posted by mymissingpuzzlepiece[/QUOTE]

My shower was so nice. I was very suprised (even though i knew about it) i started crying could not believe all the people that showed up and took time out of their day for me. There was about 45 ppl there. We played a few games and i opened all my gifts. It turned out very nice nice. thanks for asking
  • Options
    I am having 2 as lot sof my family is in Michigan but friends and my parents ar ein FLorida nad Georgia.  The Michigan one is also close to my fiance's family and they drove in for the day, which was when our mothers met for the first time.  So cousins and aunts and old family friends.  This was thrown by a old family friend and I had no say!  My sister and other bridesmaid are throwing me a Mad Hatter Tea Party next weekend which is for my local friends and a few family types.  Again, I know nothing about it but can't wait.  Most of our gifts so far are off the registry and a few gift cards.  I think it's nice for the families and friends to mix and helps everyone recognize a few extra faces at the wedding.  And the fact that we now have a full cupboard of Fiestaware is just icing on the cake, so to speak!
  • Options
    We have had all three of our showers -- the first was thrown by my office.  The second was thrown by my family at a local arts council.  The third was thrown by his family at am Italian Restaurant.  They were all beautiful and I loved them!  We were definitely spoiled!

There are photos for all of the showers in my bio.  =)

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
    --Audrey Hepburn

My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards