Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair and Makeup Ideas?? All details inside

Heres as many details about my wedding and my personality as I can think of (some are not neccessary I know, but still...)

28 years old (both of us)....I'm southern sorority girl, very very blond hair, very very long- almost to waist...will be golden tan. Blue eyes, 5'3 and will not be in high heels as I cannot stand them. Hair and makeup stylist is longtime friend and personal hairstylist for years....she's amazing and is good at doing anything I describe. 

August wedding at 6:00 in the evening....Disney/Royal Princess themed...colors are royal blue and champagne. 150-175 guests, VERY large bridal party (12) all in long chiffon styles. Theme is very elegant, chapel ONLY does weddings: large cathedral with adjacent reception ballroom.... honeymoon-2 week disney cruise and disney world... I'm a relationship/family therapist finishing my master's degree- in graduate school. Not that it matters, but fiance is more on the "nerdy" side...computer programmer, Star Wars...opposites attract sort of thing. We are having a DJ, blue lighting in the ballroom, full dinner served to guests, reserved tables, five tiered elegant cake.... the best way to describe themiing would be art-deco with a "Beauty and the Beast" vibe...(i know, i know...super disney nerdy and super crazy for doing that HM, lol...it fits "us" though...we find, well mainly me, find Disney very romantic as I grew up idoliing Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine as well as Cinderella and Aurora like many of us and since I'm not a girly girl and NOT a good wedding planner, adding the Disney princess element at least made it a bit fun (example: bridesmaids are carrying a dangling round champagne colored bouquet with two royal blue shiny attachments to make the minnie/mickey ears...sounds tacky but looks very elegant with some blue beading in the bouquet as well)...also having horse and carriage favors and tables will be themed Disney but taking a "less is more" apprroach to the reception with a few accent florals and using the ballroom's regular centerpieces for the bigger tables with only the major additions of the blue lighiting and some dance floor decorations....think Beauty and the Beast meets Cinderella meets "Making our Fairy Tale".....and think of me as very non-detail oriented, rarely dressing up, living out my Disney dream on my wedding day to look and feel as "Princessy" as possible...

Despite the image I've created, I am very low maintenance...I only wear my hair down about 10 percent of the time due to business with school and internships and work...and rarely wear makeup...but when I do, I'm a makeup "snob" I guess you could say....Dior, Urban, Tarte, Kat, Lorac, Laura M....so I'm not one of the girls that ascribes to "makeup lookes best when it looks like you're not wearing any" :)

since its an evening wedding and the royal blue is so bold (bouquet is primarily royal blue hydrangeas and undecided champagne/ivory color) with perhaps a splash of "cinderella" light blue, I want some dieas for makeup to go with the "Disney princess theme"....but mainly this post is about hair...

I wear my hair up a LOT and i know you want your husband to "recognize" you... but I personally am leaning towards down even though I feel like the occasion calls for "up"...my hair stylist would actually like to do a "hair down" ceremony and an updo reception... but that's as far as we have gotten and I reallly like that idea....

you ladies out there that are more detail oriented and that have basically ever hairstyle ever worn in a wedding memorized....help?!? I am 100 percent certain that the bridesmaids would look best with a very clean updo, possibly sideswept as they are wearing the most elegant gowns that David's Bridal could allow (maids of honor in the matching long chiffon horizon royal blue and 7 bridesmaids and 2 groomswomen in champagne and royal blue similar long chiffon styles)- I know satin is more elegant but I cannot stand David's Bridal's satin dresses and I live in the rural south where there is literally a David's Bridal and an  upscale boutique which is where I got my dress....oh yeah the dress!!

Maggie Sottero's "Debbie"- tihs link shows front and back---

Okay hit me with ideas :) and make fun of the DIS if you want...I'm used to it. Sorry for all of the details...I feel like knowing as much as possible about the personality of the bride and the "vibe" of the wedding is super important to these decisions. Thank you guys in advance....from a non-tomboy, non-girly girl, low maintenance chicka that wants to look radiant and princessy when she marries prince charming August 10 :)

EDIT ADDED: Forgot to add important piece (no pun intended)....very very very attached to the idea of a diamondy tiara and long veil with sparkly/diamondy ends....so im sort of set in stone on that...(probably why I'm leaning towards the hair down as well) but I would consider other veil ideas....I just love the tiara piece for sure. I am not a big wedding girl asfar as looking at a lot of dresses either.... is that train considered long? Or short considering the venue as a cathedral and nighttime wedding? When I tried the dress on, I felt as if the little bit of fashion accessorizing knowledge I have (isn't much....I wear my engagement ring and MAYBE diamond squares or studs every day and that's about it....) felt as if earrings and bracelet were appropriate and that a necklace would be overdoing it with the embellishments on the dress....

Don't know if that helps to get the image more detailed, but hey...I'm trying to put as much out there as possible...I know there's a few of you out there that can take this information and filter it out like a computer and tell me exactly what would work! :) Work your magic, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards