Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Photography/Videography

I was looking for some suggestions!  I have heard a lot that videography is a waste and at first I agreed but the more I look at peoples I think it would be something lovely to have.  I just love the 5 or so minute beautiful shows set to music but not sure if it is worth all the money?  Any suggestions on reasonable videographers?

More importantly, the photography!  Of course I want beautiful pictures of the day but pictures of me and my bridesmaids jumping in the air and those sort of things do not interest me at all!  I just want the basics and do not want to spend a ton on them!  I really wanted to keep the photography bill at around 1000.  Is that even possible?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would love 2 photographers so the prewedding photos could get done quicker but I know that is probably asking to much in that price range.  I just don't want to stand around forever waiting to do pictures.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Photography/Videography

• Theresa Glen is our Photographer and she is great a little more then 1000 but i am sure should would work with you. Most of the cost if for all day coverage, 2 photographers, e-pic session, prints, and albums! Also Pictures by Shalyn does great work and around your price point.

http://www.picturesbyshalyn.com/

Best of luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recommend MGW Production for videography. They have multiple packages including a 5-10 min highlight video like you are looking for. They are reasonably priced and will work with your budget. Plus a super friendly husband and wife team. We loved everything about our video and find it was totally worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am still trying to see if my budget is going to let me get video, but I want something that looks like a movie like ShoFilms. So that's more money but worth it. I hope i can get it. It just depends on my hours at work and my paychecks between now and next fall!!!

I looked at a lot of photographers but I didn't see anyone good for under 1000 that has two photographers that seems crazy low. I think for 1000 you can get a newer person that is maybe just starting but not a second photographer. If your wedding is in June of next year I would find someone really, really fast because I am in October and almost everyone was booked!
  • I'd recommend Andria Jones Photography. She did our epics and is really talented. She went to school for photography and everything but is just starting out. I'd imagine she'd be in your price range. Her website is andriajones.com
  • Tiffany from TJZ Creations but she only accpets so many weddings and she books pretty fast.(She's from Greensburg)  http://www.tjzcreations.com/v2/
  • If you are thinking of a videographer you have to look into  :  http://www.jonathanryanfilms.com/#!home/mainPage

He is AMAZING!!!   I have yet to have my wedding but he my favorite vendor so far.  For the work he does he is beyond reasonable.
  • I want to throw my opinion in here because I had the most amazing experience with my photographer and videographer - PETER WOLFF. He has more experience than any other photographer/videographer than I have heard of or talk to - he is extremely nice, goes out of his way to get to now you and your wedding party before the wedding (he came to my rehearsal & dinner just to meet everyone) and he gave me the film he took at the rehearsal for free. He is flexible on prices and really customizes your experience and fits right into your wedding. You can check him out: http://www.wolff2020.com As a side note, he provided some of the best wedding tips during the planning process.
    elizabethsarah
  • Hi I was in your same predicament with choosing a videographer I found steady creek cinema and I think I am going to love them. Their demo is great, they come with 2 videographers for around 1500 and shoot in hd plus editing there is also a base package with not so much. They have been great to work with so far, you should consider them!
  • edited October 2012

Hello!

This is going to sound a little bit random but my husband and I own a wedding videography business called Steady Creek Cinema in Pittsburgh PA. If you still need to hire a videographer, we would be happy to accommodate you! As newly weds ourselves, we understand how hectic planning can be! When you have a second, check us out at:

steadycreekcinema.com. If you have any questions, comments or just simply want to meet up to discuss your big day, we provided our gmail address below. Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck with all of your planning!

Sincerely,

Bethany & Andrew D'Amico

steadycreekcinema@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards